What Do You Do With Your Rings As You Lose Weight?

LadyBaltimore
on 9/10/15 7:10 pm
RNY on 07/27/15

Before surgery, I removed both my wedding and engagement rings, fearing that I might lose them as I lost weight.  Since then, I've purchased another ring that I really adore.  The problem is is that as I'm losing, it's getting looser and looser- if I just shake my hand roughly, it comes flying off.

NSV?  Absolutely!  

Losing the ring?  Nope and nope! It's too sentimental. 

What do you all do in terms of keeping your rings on during the weight loss? I've tried googling it, but it seems like I need to either take it to a jeweler or get some plastic for it...  Is this right?  I've got over 200 pounds to lose, and I'd like to wear this ring throughout.  

Any feedback is appreciated, and sorry if this is a silly question! 

My precious,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/15 7:32 pm - Canada

I've had to switch to wearing mine on my middle finger for now. Once it gets lose on it Iplan to wear it on my necklace until I reach goal. Then I will have it sized. It's already been done twice during my last attempt to lose this weight. So I've promised myself that it will only ever be sized one more time.

Chris

Emiepie
on 9/10/15 8:02 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I got mine sized down at the jeweler as small as they could get it (it has smaller diamonds down each size that would "pop out" if they made it any smaller but I was able to add a bar thing to it. I would go to a jewelry repair place and see what they have. Def. an NSV!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

jenorama
on 9/10/15 8:16 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

My ring size has gone from an 11 to a 6. I have a friend who is a legit jewelry designer and I'm having her redesign my wedding set using the diamonds. In the meantime, I've been wearing a silver Tiffany Atlas band my husband got me for Christmas during a previous weight loss. In the past, I've worn inexpensive rings I'd found at JC Penny's. 

Jen

gracie88
on 9/11/15 4:29 am
RNY on 08/26/15

This may sound silly but when I was in high school and wore my boyfriends class ring I would wrap it with yarn to fit me then tie off yarn.  Worked great. I'm not having that problem. My fingers are the only thing on me that were small. I've wore a size 4 as long as I can remember. 

The Salty Hag
on 9/11/15 6:34 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I didn't want to get my rings resized more than once, so I waited until I was at goal to have them done. I haaaaate the plastic stoppers, they're bulky and uncomfortable on me, so they weren't an option. 

My rings are white gold and silver, so I bought a thin silver wedding band in a size that fit me and used it as a stopper, of sorts, to keep my rings from falling off. They slid around a bit below the stopper, but stayed put. I loved how it looked too, that thin band just gave it that extra little something, so I've kept using it-and had to it get resized as well, because my fingers got smaller than I anticipated. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Ktscarltt413
on 9/11/15 6:51 am
RNY on 11/11/15

I would go on e-bay and look their stainless steal wedding bands to wear as your loosing weight. They are inexpensive but will not turn your finger green. Go to the jeweler when your weight stabilizes to gt the rings re-sized or buy new ones there is a limit to how many sizes they can take it down and the number of times they can size it.

BWB
on 9/11/15 8:50 am

I have seen some cubic zircons that look like real diamonds and are really cheap.  If I were you I would buy one big and fun! When you get down to your goal then have your real rings resized.  You're the only one who will know for sure.

My husband want to get me diamond earrings so I did.  I checked several out with the big microscope, it took about three hours to choose.  Needless to say they were pricey and afterwards it came to me that  zircons would have the same look for a tiny percent of what these cost.  There are so many diamond markets that it would be impossible to get our money out of them.  

I like the idea of buying a smaller band to wear as a guard too.

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/15 12:54 pm

They may LOOK the same but you ( and lots of other people who can tell the difference across the room ) KNOW you're wearing diamonds lol !

I didn't size my engagement ring ( i too wore it on my index finger ) and one day it FELL OFF .  No joke .  Haven't  seen it since .  Sizing costs like 15 bux stand there while he does it so noone can change your stone .  (((())

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/11/15 2:52 pm

Who cares if people know if someone is wearing diamonds or CZs? What are they going to do or say?

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 45 replies · 417 views