product review needed...before I try it myself has anyone else?

kim_pei
on 9/14/15 6:51 am - Canada

Has anyone checked this out or used it.  It says it has 50 grams of protein in each shot.

MuscleMeds™ CARNIVOR™- Liquid Protein Shots 

• Bioengineered Beef Protein Isolate
  • 350% More Concentrated than Steak, and more concentrated than Whey Isolate™
  • 50g Liquid Protein Shot!
  • The World's First Beef Protein Isolate
  • Using new advanced extraction, clarification, hydrolysis and isolation technologies, CARNIVOR'S Beef protein Isolate delivers the muscle- building power of beef!**
  • No Blender Required!
  • 0 Fat, Cholesterol, Sugar
  • Packed with Anabolic Muscle-Building Amino Acids from Pure Beef**
  • Loaded with BCAAs

BEEF-UP WITH CARNIVOR "THE WORLD'S FIRST BEEF PROTEIN ISOLATE"
It has long been known that bodybuilders and strength athletes consumer high amounts of beef to help build muscle and increase strength. The muscle-building power of beef cannot disputed. Ask any bodybuilder and they will tell you that they make their biggest muscle gains and feel their strongest when they eat beef. Now, thanks to the development of an advanced bioengineered beef protein, MuscleMeds has formulated the most sought after muscle-building protein ever created, CARNIVOR is unlike any other protein in existence.**
The World's First All Beef Protein Isolate is More Concentrated Than Whey: Using new advanced extraction, clarification, hydrolysis and isolation technologies, CARNIVOR's Beef Protein Isolate delivers the muscle-building power of beef with higher amino acid levels than all other protein sources used in supplements including:whey, soy, milk, egg, CARNIVOR Beef Protein Isolate is even 350% more concentrated in anabolic muscle-building aminos than a prime sirloin steak!**
Anabolic Nitrogen Retention Technology™ (ANRT) Recycles Aminos and Minimizes Ammonia: ANRT is a major muscle-building breakthrough in protein supplementation. While protein is critical for muscle grown, paradoxically, protein can sometimes actually decrease performance and muscle growth if nitrogenous waste products like ammonia are not recycled back into anabolic tissue-building pathways or otherwise neutralized, ARNT is specially designed to allow the recycling of aminos back toward the muscle-building pathway and prevent the build-up of debilitating toxic scavengers such as ammonia, ANRT nitrogen retention factors contained in CARNIVOR include: GKG (gluratmine-alpha-ketoglutarate), OKG (ornithine-alpha-ketoglutarate), AKG (alpha-ketoglutarate) and KIC (alpha-ketoisocaproate).**
Added BCAAs for Increased Anabolic and Anti-Catabolic Effects:To further boost the anabolic muscle-building action of CARNIVOR, additional Branched Chain Amino Acids are added to the purified Beef Protein Isolate. The enhanced BCAA levels promote a positive nitrogen balance, increase protein synthesis, decrease catabolism, improve workout performance and reduce muscle fatigue.**
Through history, the ravenous appetite that "men of muscle" have had for top quality beef has become as legendary as their superhuman feats. Ancient warriors, Greek Olympic athletes, strongmen like Sandow and even Roman gladiators craved and consumed pounds of beef per day to build muscle to boost their combat prowess. Now, in modern times this muscle-building nutrition tradition carries on in the bodybuilding world with CARNIVOR!

Weight ManagementCloseWhat are "Star" Ratings? Obesity   Dose: Refer to label instructionsDieters who are gluten or dairy sensitive and looking to supplement protein might consider rice protein, though its actual benefits for weight loss have not been studied.(more)

Rice protein is extracted from rice and used in some protein supplements. Vegetarians may prefer it over protein supplements made from animal sources (such as whey or casein, which are milk proteins). Since rice is rarely involved in food allergies,1 rice protein may also be preferred by people with food allergies, and may be suitable to use in hypoallergenic infant formulas.2 Rice protein is not a complete protein, however, due to insufficient levels of the amino acids lysine and threonine.3, 4 Therefore, these amino acids are often added to rice protein products to correct this imbalance.

Thanks Kim

supershopper
on 9/14/15 6:56 am

Strange....  Interested to hear comments

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Deanna798
on 9/14/15 12:27 am, edited 9/14/15 12:28 am
RNY on 08/04/15

50 grams of protein in 4oz? That sounds almost too good be true.  It's gotta taste like poop.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

The Salty Hag
on 9/14/15 1:04 am, edited 9/14/15 1:05 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Have not tried it, but I did try a carnivor brownie protein bar...it was...interesting, but not as awful as it sounds. Had to eat a little at a time, it was filling "af" as the kids say. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

emelar
on 9/14/15 10:19 am - TX

Chances are that the "hydrolized beef protein" that's the principal protein ingredient is some form of collagen, which is not a complete protein.  In other words, it's not made from beef tenderloin, but from skin, hooves and bones of the cow - so technically it's "beef" (or beef-like), but not a good protein source for us.  Bottom line, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I found this on the web:

"If you weren’t aware, hydrolyzed protein isn’t isolated from traditional and high-quality protein sources such as whey or caseinate; it’s mainly obtained from the bones, skin, connective tissue and cartilage of pigs, cows and fish! Many manufacturers try to disguise this ingredient under one of its many names: hydrolyzed collagenic protein isolate, hydrolyzed beef protein isolate, or even just hydrolyzed protein. Hydrolyzed protein is abundant in the three major amino acids—glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline—which isn’t an optimal amino acid profile for humans, compared to the high biological value and rich BCAA content of whey protein."

jenorama
on 9/14/15 11:31 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I keep the Carnivor powdered protein around the house--mostly for my husband who is allergic to milk products.  The chocolate is pretty tasty, but it gets a bit foamy for my personal preference.  I haven't tried their shots and unless you're super hard up for getting in your protein, I'd probably avoid it.

Jen

ChristineB
on 9/14/15 1:54 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

Your body cannot utilize more than 30gms of protein unless you are a super athlete or training for a marathon.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Queen JB
on 9/14/15 3:46 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Agreed! My NUT won't even let me count anything that has more than 25 in one product serving!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/14/15 10:09 pm - OH

The ASMBS says this is a myth...

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

ChristineB
on 9/15/15 4:50 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
On September 14, 2015 at 10:09 PM Pacific Time, ****rogirl, The PhD Version wrote:

The ASMBS says this is a myth...

Would you kindly post the link where you are saying that the ASMBS says this is a myth . . .

I find where they mention in the Life after Bariatric Surgery about taking in 60-100gm of protein in the course of a daily ingestion for a PO patient. But this does not address the situation of ingesting 50gm at one time. Please review the fourth question in the Q & A.

Thank you so much for your time.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views