Protein caculator

Maggielynn37
on 10/1/15 5:51 pm - IN

Doss anyone have any suggestions on an App I can download that will keep track of my daily food but most importantly tell me the nutritional facts such as my protein intake.  

beachybikegirl
on 10/1/15 6:08 pm

Myfitnesspal   It's awesome!  I just started using it, i use it on my phone and on my computer.  You can type in anything like Chipotle grilled chicken, and up it pops along with all the nutritional stats.  Check it out...

RNY on 6/25/15 Height 5.8 HW/SW 247 CW 142 (Normal BMI 21.5) GW 145

Hit my Goal on 5/1/2016 going for more...

Maggielynn37
on 10/1/15 6:29 pm - IN

Thank you!! I downloaded it, its awesome!! Exactly what i wanted.  Thanks again.  

Maggielynn37
on 10/2/15 11:01 am - IN

Thanks for your help!!

boxtop2006
on 10/2/15 1:50 pm
RNY on 03/24/15

I love MFP!! I put my food in the AM so I know what my #'s look like then I make sure I follow it to the T... If I happen to add or subtract something (usually do to getting full quickly) I make the changes, since I weigh my food before hand I take home what might not have gotten eaten and weigh it so I can make the adjustment on MFP.. I do it this way so at the end of the night I don't go crazy trying to figure out what to do/eat if I didn't get enough protein in during the day. It also helps me make sure before hand that I'm not going to go over anything either and since I pack a lunch If I already have it listed as something I'm suppose to have then it goes in my lunch bag if not it doesn't this way I never have to think about what to eat! Best program, and to track your exercise/walks I use map my walk, it's awesome!!

Melissa

Consult: 235 Surgery: 209 Current: 158.5 Goal: 140     

beachybikegirl
on 10/2/15 9:29 pm

I agree! I have been using it for a little over a week now and I love it too! I have never been one to write down my food, keep track of calories and stats even though I have been on a million diets, I was always adding it all up in my head. Even when I first started the post surgery diet, I would just add up the protein in my head and that was it. But now I love tracking my food and water, I love this app, it makes it so easy! I actually do a lot of take out food and you can type in El Pollo Loco Chicken thigh and Viola there are all the stats. Really anything is there, I'm always pleasantly surprised to find all of the food I am typically eating already there. So user friendly!

RNY on 6/25/15 Height 5.8 HW/SW 247 CW 142 (Normal BMI 21.5) GW 145

Hit my Goal on 5/1/2016 going for more...

cc583
on 10/1/15 9:53 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

If you decide you are looking for something different try FitDay.com

Whatever suits you best!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler