Has anyone heard of this? New "All in One" vitamin?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/30/15 8:19 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Chewable is NOT the same as sub-lingual.  Sub-ligual dissolves under the tongue -- and important distinction.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Grim_Traveller
on 11/30/15 4:03 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Some say sub-lingual, but I've seen a few that call them lozenges.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

The Salty Hag
on 11/30/15 7:37 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I had not heard of these, but I'm wary of anything claiming to be all-inclusive when it comes to vitamins-even if they actually are what they claim to be. I'd rather just take the myriad of different supplements I do and be 100% certain that I'm getting what I need. That being said, I'm a couple of years out...and it was definitely a learning process. It took me months to really fine tune my dosages of B-12, D3, and Iron-and also the type of iron. I found that the ferrous types ( sulfate, fumarate ) just don't work for me. I now take carbonyl iron and that raised my levels after they had dropped significantly. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

RLynnLopez
on 11/30/15 8:57 am

I'm not sure guys, as I said, I'm totally new to all this, and am supposed to be able to trust my surgeon and dietician know what's best for me after surgery. Apparently something is not right if all of you are saying one thing and they are saying another - guess it's time to re evaluate weather they really know what's best

**I'm looking forward to skinny dipping, cause I'm so tired of chunky dunking**

**You can't really appreciate the love you have for others, until you learn to love yourself**

Maria27
on 11/30/15 11:42 am, edited 11/30/15 3:43 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

I agree with what others have said about the B12 and iron. Also, these may not have enough vitamin D, Magnesium, or Zinc. 5,000 to 10,000 vitamin D is typical, and we can have a difficult time absorbing zinc. If you have dandruff or brittle nails, that means you are not getting enough zinc. Sounds to me like your surgeon is getting kickbacks to push this product. Overall it appears to just be an overpriced vitamin. I would rather take the standard vitamins so that I can adjust my doses as needed. My surgeon's office also did not tell me to take a sublingual B12. I stopped trusting them when I developed all the symptoms of a B12 deficiency, which went away shortly after I started taking sublingual B12 based on advice from others here.

Edited to add that the ASMBS has official guidelines online. I suggest comparing what your surgeon tells you to their official guidelines. I did this and decided to make a few adjustments based on the guidelines.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

RLynnLopez
on 11/30/15 12:06 pm

Don't have brittle nails, but by goodness, I do have developed dandruff and dry scalp over the past few weeks!! Yes, I think you're right, I will surely look into the website suggested by you and a few others, and do some tweaking myself - I made this life style change to survive, not slowly dwindle away due to lack of vitamins. Once again, this is exactly why I love coming here - so much great advice, and of course, I love seeking advice from others who have physically been through the surgery - I guess sometimes the MDs just don't know what it's like. You guys are the BEST!!

Rebekah Lynn

**I'm looking forward to skinny dipping, cause I'm so tired of chunky dunking**

**You can't really appreciate the love you have for others, until you learn to love yourself**

CerealKiller Kat71
on 11/30/15 6:29 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

If you are going to take zinc -- it's best to take that on an empty stomach (although some people do get a bit of an upset tummy -- so watch out for that) and wait an hour before ingesting anything else.  A lot of people take it at bedtime for that reason, but I have found I get a little charge out of it, so I take it when I wake up the first time -- 

Zinc has really helped my dry skin and scalp -- and when I was tested, I was slightly deficient despite my high quality vitamin having it.  I think that was because it doesn't absorb well that way.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active
Recent Topics