Let the liquids start!

pennylee
on 12/10/15 9:26 pm - Seaford, DE
RNY on 12/18/15

Ok I am exactly seven days away.  No more solid foods for awhile.  Liquids now till surgery, popsicles, Italian ice, broth (strained),  Decaf tea,water, protein shakes, can have a cream low fat soup if it is strained thoroughly.  The purpose to shrink the liver so the Dr. has room to work in there,  I am so nervous about this week before, will I be hungry. will I cheat.  I know I am a stickler for following Dr. orders, and I will do it this weeks, just don't want to deal with hunger.  Any suggestions on how to space the liquid diet so I will feel less hungry?  Maybe the worry is all in my head.  Ive gone from being anxious about the surgery to focusing on this week before.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

NANNY13
on 12/10/15 9:54 pm
WLS on 12/21/15

You are going to do great! No worries! You are almost there!

K N.
on 12/11/15 1:47 am

Today I start my pre-diet for a week. It is a variation of the cabbage soup diet. Today cabbage soup (per the doc recipe) and all the fruit except bananas, I want. Tomorrow soup and veggies. Each day is a variation. I think day 5 is soup, 6 bananas and all the skim milk I want. It should be an interesting week. 

Good luck. You will do great! 

Deanna798
on 12/11/15 4:17 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I'll be honest,  the first few days are going to suck. But there will come a time when your body adjusts and you'll feel better. Just drink a lot of water too.

Congrats on the beginning. It's can be a challenge,  but is so worth it.   

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

supershopper
on 12/11/15 5:34 am

I plan to have my shakes the time of day I'm most hungry. I started on Tues. this week with liquids. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, now when I get to Sunday and I have to be on all clears, that will be a different story. And the bowel cleanse I'm not looking forward to also.

You can also (at least I could) add plain protein powder to the soups to make you fuller for longer. I was also able to have SF jello, SF pudding - you would need to check your plan though.

I also got some of that ISOPURE at GNC. I mix 1/2 bottle with water and SF crystal light. it makes it taste better.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

cchealey
on 12/11/15 7:32 am

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery.  I was on the pre diet for 7 days and felt  hungry but it was less severe after the first three days or so.  They say your body has to get adjusted to not having simple carbs and your ketones are what cause hunger. And as you eat less carbs your ketones drop so the hunger subsides.  You might ask your doctor if you can add soluable fiber in your water to make you feel full longer. Like Benefiber which has no taste and just dissolves in water.  I was able to do that on my pre diet, and it took the edge off the hunger.  And I would go for a walk or do some activity several times a day to take my mind off it.  Good Luck!

selhard
on 12/11/15 8:23 am, edited 12/11/15 12:22 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Every time I read about the pre-op liquid diet, I feel fortunate not to have had those doctor orders.  I didn't have to do a bowel cleanse, either.  Glad you've gone from worry to focus.  I went from focus to numbness--a good thing.  I don't think you need advice because you come across as someone who's prepared well and just needs a little cheer.    So.....Pennylee, Pennylee, if she can't do it, nobody can.  Gooooooooo, Pennylee!

Caligirl05
on 12/15/15 7:22 pm

I'm on clear liquids now too. My surgery is in 2 days...we can do this!!!

Most Active