hair

Nadinemel
on 1/9/16 5:57 pm - St Paul, MN

My hair is falling out in GOBS!

sensualamber
on 1/9/16 5:59 pm

Mine was too at around 5 months.  I cut it off and it's growing back thick as ever.  

MonaLisaSmile
on 1/9/16 7:28 pm - Canada

I'm almost 6mth....has been coming out since about month 2..,...no bald spots but definitely all around thinner.

Hoping it's nearly done.  Little fly away regrowth EVERYWHERE! !!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

alaskasusan
on 1/9/16 11:42 pm - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Don't despair!  I have quite long hair and it was always very thick and heavy.  Starting about 3 months post-surgery I lost tons and TONS of hair (actually, I lost so much I could hardly believe there was anything left up there!).  But before a year was out the loss had stopped. I went to a very good stylist who helped me incorporate the very thin parts (toward the front) so that the new growth looked better coming in.  I'll be 3 years out next month and my long hair is thicker and longer and healthier than ever.  Keep that protein up and hang in there, it all works out. 

By the way, I am 60 and plan to keep my hair long as long as it looks good!  ;)

JA
on 1/11/16 5:52 am - East Haven, CT

Oh you have my sympathy!! I have been struggling with this since my WLS in 2004.  Recently, last year or so, it got ten times worse.  Finally discovered it was iron deficiency.  My doctor put me on an iron Rx, and three months later (now); it finally stopped falling out.  Now I pray it comes back.

Have your iron levels tested.

Good luck.

JA

Tish6918
on 1/13/16 5:37 pm - Seattle, WA

Mine is coming out in gobs, too!  Whenever I brush my hair or run my hand through my hair--tons of hair comes out.  I once tried not brushing my hair for a couple days just to see if that would stem the tide, but that only resulted in more hair coming out when I finally brushed it.  

More than anything, I'm just tired of picking up my hair everywhere.  I'm also fearful that I'm going to lose it for good and/or that it's going to get so thin that others notice the hair loss as well.  Ultimately, though, I know that there's nothing I can do except try to get my protein in every day and drink my water.  

This is one part of our weight loss journey.  I accept that. 

RNY on 9/17/15. High Weight: 375 / Surgery Weight: 330