I'd like to meet singles

Nancyains
on 1/15/16 9:34 pm

i had a gastric bypass surgery in 2002. I am a widow and would like to meet some single or widows/widowers for activities. I am also interested in meeting males for a growing relationship. I am a 63 year old female. I live in the Bay Area. I just want someone that will understand what we have gone through. Pen pals will work too.

Nancy Ain

White Dove
on 1/16/16 7:16 am - Warren, OH

If no response here, try posting this on the Men's and the Sex forums.  One of our longtime members just announced her marriage to a man she met on ObesityHelp.  If I was looking for a companion who had had surgery, I would attend the local support groups and let the people in my surgeons office know that I was looking.

Many years ago, I was studying computers and someone said, "There are not a lot of jobs in that field"

I replied, I don't need a lot of jobs, I just need one.

By the time I graduated there were many jobs in that field.

The world is full of eligible and lonely men your age.  I think eHarmony is a great service and know a lot of people who were successful with Match.com

The secret to a service like eHarmony that uses scientific matching is that your best match will be in the first batch of matches.  People think that they did so well the first time, that there will be someone even more amazing if they keep trying.  Then they are on dating sites for years. The computer keeps finding new matches and each set is less specific for you.

Good luck with your search.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Nancyains
on 1/16/16 10:27 pm

Thanks for the advice,. I did try a couple of the dating sites. Then I realized I really wasn't interested in dating yet. I am going to call Kaiser on Monday for some suggestions for meetings in my area

Nancy Ain

CathyWray
on 1/16/16 1:26 pm - Madison, TN

I agree, I was thinking about looking for someone to take walks with or go to the movies but not a serious relationship.  Did you have any luck? I also live in the Bay Area part of the time. I am a widow and was married 38 years. I've lost all but 13 pounds and had the surgery at 65 last year 2.2.15. How have you done with the surgery?

Nancyains
on 1/16/16 10:22 pm

Actually I'm doing very well. I was one of the lucky ones without problems related to the surgery. When your in town, what city do u go to? I live in Union City.

Nancy Ain

CathyWray
on 1/17/16 3:03 pm - Madison, TN

Hi - I live in Santa Cruz and will be home about the first week in March. I'm in Tennessee now. :)

Deanna798
on 1/17/16 4:27 am, edited 1/16/16 8:28 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

If you're just looking for socializing in general,  you may want to check out meetup.com. my coworker is single and has a rich social life because of the website. They have groups for everything,  and if you can't find one exactly like you're looking for,  you can start one yourself. 

Good luck!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Nancyains
on 1/17/16 1:49 pm

I appreciate your taking the time to reply. I guess I should have stated I live in Union City, Ca

Nancy Ain

Deanna798
on 1/17/16 1:55 pm, edited 1/17/16 7:51 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I'm sure that there are groups in your area that use meet-up.  

Here is a link to fitness groups in your area.  http://www.meetup.com/find/fitness/?radius=5&userFreeform=Un ion+city%2C+ca

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

CathyWray
on 1/17/16 3:03 pm - Madison, TN

Thanks for the info. I will research that :)

Most Active
Recent Topics