Measuring food during Pureed stage

canadianmommyof2
on 2/27/16 11:11 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Hi there, 

I'll be having my surgery in a couple weeks. But I'm preparing food now for the pureed stage. 

I have bought some soup for after, but mainly vegetable soup. I'm pureeing chicken separately and freezing it. How do I measure or the chicken/protein ?  I would thaw out the chicken and measure it per grams and add it to the soup/pureed vegetable,  is that correct?  Or is there any need to measure out the protein during the age? In our binder it says to.have about 60-80 grms of protein. 

I'm nervous because I don't want to do anything wrong. 

Any help would  be much appreciated! 

Thanks,

Jen

White Dove
on 2/27/16 12:33 pm - Warren, OH

You weigh and then use a program like My Fitness Pal to see how many protein grams.  A ounce of cooked chicken is 28 grams in weight and has 7 grams of protein.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

canadianmommyof2
on 2/27/16 12:41 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

Great! Thanks so much that's helps a lot! 

Thanks for replying! 

canadianmommyof2
on 3/6/16 8:51 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Another question I have regarding this . My friend had made me homemade butternut squash soup with chicken  pureed. How do I know how much protein I'm taking in when it's homemade  pureed and will only eat a little at a time?

Thanks for your help! 

White Dove
on 3/6/16 9:00 am - Warren, OH

Get her recipe and enter it into My Fitness Pal.  My Fitness Pal will then tell you how much protein is in the amount of the food that you are eating.

canadianmommyof2
on 3/6/16 9:08 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Ok thanks. I'm assuming I also measure the soup on the scale?

Thanks, I'm just nervous about not doing things properly and not loosing weight and scared that after the "honeymoon" period I will gain weight.

But my plan is to weigh everything! 

Thanks so much for your help white dove! 

White Dove
on 3/6/16 10:02 am - Warren, OH

You are welcome.  Measuring everything on the scale and recording in grams is the most accurate.

ShaunaBinks
on 2/27/16 2:04 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

Nice prep. Now you have me thinking   I should do the same 

Lapband removal May 2014

RNY March 16, 2016    HW 258/ SW 249 / CW  235 / GW 149 (my goal. surgeons goal 170)

Dakotapuppy
on 2/28/16 6:06 pm
RNY on 01/26/16

I am in the soft stage, it is really hard to know what you are going to be able to eat.  I only 1/4 cup of anything. I just can't eat it starts to hurt. So that behalf it might be hard.

Flaxie
on 2/28/16 11:26 pm
RNY on 03/15/16

Me too!  Haven't really thought about food afterwards.  Too busy having a ball on the liquid diet!  I guess the nutritionist will have a list of options. Getting excited!!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 261 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 124 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?