Anxiety after weight loss surgery

Ashley in Belgium
on 3/4/16 7:43 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Just thought I'd throw this out there but you are also likely to be experiencing hormone dumping as a recent post op. Since hormones are stored in our fat and you are presumably losing quite a bit of weight fast it's normal to be over emotional. 

Taking meds and seeing a therapist are the things to do - this can just add an extra layer. 

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

gibbygal
on 3/4/16 10:35 am
RNY on 02/16/16

I didn't even think of that.  That is a good explanation. I also am not use to being home all the time.  I work full time as a letter carrier, and my body is used to walking 7 miles a day.  To say this is a shock to the system is an understatement.  I do a mile on the treadmill everyday, but I think I really need to do more to catch up with what I was used to before.  This darn Michigan weather isn't helping any

Ashley in Belgium
on 3/4/16 11:43 am, edited 3/4/16 3:44 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Be careful.  Your body needs to heal and your mind needs to catch up.  Taking a few weeks to adjust is normal.  I know everything seems like it is a big deal and it is easy to feel anxious and overwhelmed with all the changes and adapting to a new routine, it will pass and things do settle down and a new normal takes hold.

Hang in there - it is worth it!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

gibbygal
on 3/4/16 12:12 pm
RNY on 02/16/16

Thanks!  I just keep trying to do what my surgeon tells me, and get my liquids in.  Those darn liquids get me every time!

Most Active
Recent Topics