What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 5/2/16 10:39 am
RNY on 07/17/14

#lifehack  LOL

life_mirrors_art
on 5/2/16 6:52 am - Canada

Good morning! Another rainy day here, but the grass is really greening up.

QOTD:  I read French better than I speak it, and have a few words each of Italian and German. When I went to Italy I took a little electronic translator that was useful (and extremely entertaining when it made literal translations). I often get where I'm going with the name of my destination, hand gestures, and many smiles.  :)

Last week's eating was a train wreck and I'm up 2 pounds; I'm starting fresh today.

B: rotisserie chicken

L: roast beef

D: salmon and avocado

S: yogurt, hb egg

Cal-903, protein-99, carbs-18

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

AngryViking
on 5/2/16 7:13 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hubs just sent me this picture; father and son at the battlefield in G'burg.

Daisydoo02
on 5/4/16 5:55 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I love this photo, its fantastic!  What a cool view.  Your little man (Michael right) he is so damn cute in his Solider hat and camo jacket. And man AV does he ever look like you, gonna be a handsome man when when he grows up, thank god you and hubby got lots of guns around to fight off the girls! LOL LOL

Your hubby is very handsome too but I am mad at him right now for being an a-hole to you so pretend I didn't say that okay LOL LOL

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Dcgirl
on 5/2/16 7:17 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Everyone!

Greetings from a beautiful, warming DC day.  Grim Traveler and JuniperBerry brought us some rainy Boston weather, but it seems to be clearing up ;)  We had SUCH a good time at dinner last night - though we were a hilarious WLS group...we all ordered protein items, left the fries, and didn't drink for 30 minutes after our meal LOL!

Time Since Surgery: 2.5 years

B: 4 oz. Costco rotisserie chicken salad (a serious weakness of mine)

L: 4 oz. Costco rotisserie chicken salad

S: Cheese!

D: Homemade salmon patties and spinach/cheese ravioli (likely one pattie, one ravioli) - cooking for the fella (!)

E: None, I did a 75 minute spin class yesterday and my bum hurts!

I speak fluent Spanish - I studied it all through high school and college, and then I spent a semester at the Universidad de Sevilla, living with a Spanish family.  I also speak some German.  I would love to learn Arabic, since some of my favorite places to travel in the world are in the Middle East!

Have a wonderful day, all!

P.S. And YES, a major shout-out to Susan for being open and honest and taking strides to be her healthiest, happiest version of herself!!!  

Daisydoo02
on 5/2/16 8:04 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Morning AV and menu gang!

First off much love and support for the Amazing 3B (Susan) for her open honest post, I support her 100%, love her!!

Glad your alone time weekend was good, I LOL at "redneck key lime pie" that's awesome!

Well we are back on Canadian soil, home sweet home.  Vacation was phenomenal but I missed my dogs and I actually missed my routine. Eating out all the time is hard, no joke people so kudos to all of you who travel a lot for business and have to rely on restaurants, good on you! 

Hubby and I took a a vacation day today, so sitting around in a hoodie and track pants and drinking coffee.  Already did four loads of laundry, and going to get some groceries later.  Gave the dogs a bath and they are both passed out on the couch and I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing today.  It was raining here but it has since stopped and its just cloudy.  Went from sunny and hot 82-86 degrees F in Florida to cold, raining 43 degrees F here and my body is in shock LOL LOL  Its supposed to start warming up later in the week, yay!

QOTD: I am fluent in French (speak, read, write) I started with French in grade one here in school and by the time I was in grade seven I was at a high school level.  When I got to high school I was exempt for French for the first four years of school (grade 9, 10, 11 & 12) and went right into the last year of high-school French class (grade 13).  Also took it in University, my Mom is half french and it comes easy to me.  I also speak/understand Hindi & Urdu, I would say I am between beginner & intermediate in Hindi/Urdu, its a difficult language but I love it.

Time Since surgery: 2 years and just shy of 6 months

Menu (oh how I love having a routine again!!!)

B: coffee x 2 with lactose free milk and splenda, 8 shrimp with spicy ****tail sauce

L: one can of clover leaf tuna over salad greens with balsamic dressing

S: 4 jalapeno laughing cow cheese wedges with carrot sticks 

D: 5oz Angus bbq steak with 1/2 cup grilled bell pepper

S: L&F Greek coconut yogurt (brought some back with me from the US - YAY) & KIND bar (peanut butter & chocolate)

Totals: 1007 calories, 115 protein, 61 carbs, 38 fat

V/E: vits are done, calcium on alarms and will go for a 5km run later and take the dogs for a brisk walk later at 5km as well

Here are two pics of my dogs after their baths, knocked out!!! Oliver my black beauty and Amy my chocolate cutie!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Deanna798
on 5/2/16 8:37 am
RNY on 08/04/15

The toasted coconut Light and Fit is one of my very favorites!  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Kakesie
on 5/2/16 8:42 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Oh, Daisy, your dogs are SO adorable!  I just want to kiss their cute faces!!!

Emiepie
on 5/2/16 8:57 am
RNY on 08/11/14

So glad you have a day to rest up after an amazing trip. Your pics of your cuddle buddies made me a tad sleepy :)

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

danie11e
on 5/2/16 9:36 am

They are so sweet, I'm sure they were so happy to you the both of you! If we leave our dog for longer than a week he's mad at us when we come home (sulks, lays in the other room), anything under he's estatic to see us :) 

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

Most Active
Recent Topics