Having issues-Back to Dr

FindingCharlie
on 5/29/16 5:07 am - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

Thank you, Grim! I did Google it and am drinking constantly all day long except for the hour after meals. Getting in as much fluid as possible. The doctor lowering my blood pressure med's has also helped. Staring to slowly feel a bit better. Thanks again for the heads up!

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!

SkottiRNY
on 5/28/16 8:19 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 07/07/15

Hey Charlene,

I hope with your new medication regime you get some relief. I seem to have a few American friends that have issues with ulcers post-op which they believe is from not having the right medication from the beginning. For me, and my clinical region, we are given a script for Prevacid FastTabs(or generic Lansoprazole) from day 1. Keeping on track with that has had a major benefit for me and others. The normal is to take it for 6 months post-op, and then as needed. 

Other people seem to fall back into the trap of drinking regular coffee, soda, alcohol and smoking. Of those, I only have coffee 3 times a week, and when I do, it is decaf.

Stay positive, get your water protein in, and stay strong! You can do it!

Skotti

"Not every day is Fantastic, but at least I have the opportunity to live every day." ~ Skotti RNY

My YouTube Channel

HW: 419 lbs August 2014  - SW: 340 lbs - GW: 219 lbs 

RNY July 7, 2015

FindingCharlie
on 5/28/16 12:46 pm - Saint Regis Falls, NY
RNY on 05/03/16

Skotti,

Thanks for the support. I guess every doctor is different. 

BW: 259 SW: 241 CW: 155.4GW: 125

Nothing Tastes as Good as Healthy Feels!