Nausea after eating

Ereiam
on 8/5/16 6:29 am
RNY on 05/16/16

I'm going to try cutting back and see if that helps. Actually today I think I'm going to just do shakes and give my pouch a rest.

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/5/16 6:03 am

Do you still have your GB? Nausea after food was my huge issue when my GB was getting full of sludge..

Try drinking some warm water with fresh lemon juice as you wake up, first thing am. Ginger tea helped with my nausea. 

Btw - 11 weeks - nerves are starting to heal... Next you may noticed you get "full" on much less food. 

Btw- early on I had a hard time tolerating lean proteins - ground turkey was a "no go", scrambled eggs - only when I covered them with melted cheese I could tolerate them. A few bites.  The food you list - is dry and dense. 

Sunny side up egg or poached egg were the easiest early on. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Ereiam
on 8/5/16 6:31 am
RNY on 05/16/16

No GB. I had it out a couple of years ago. I'll try the ginger tea. 

What's weird is I had no problems tolerating any kind of dense protein until this week.

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/5/16 6:44 am

Warm drinks before I ate helped with my nausea. 

My best bet - the nerves are healing and you are getting back the sensation "I am too full". 

At 8 years post op - I can eat 3 scrambled eggs with a few strips of crispy bacon. But ground turkey - is a no go after a few bites. Way too dry even for a future pouch. Unless it is covered with lots of bacon fat ...and some sauce. 

I eat baked turkey...but use grond beef (grass fed or organic) or bison ground meat. The ground turkey even added to my meat meatloaf is no go.. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Ereiam
on 8/5/16 7:09 am
RNY on 05/16/16

It was actually a turkey meatloaf: ground turkey, egg, tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese. It was really moist and I ate it with SF BBQ sauce. I'll avoid turkey for now. I hadn't thought about my nerves healing. That makes sense.

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

kellye71
on 8/7/16 8:55 am - Lancaster, SC

I also went through this a few weeks post-op.  I had slowly progressed from liquids, to pureed, to soft, then solids then I hit that nausea wall.  It seemed like everything I ate was making me feel sick.  At the advice of a friend who had surgery in the past and was several years post op, she suggested I go back to pureed or liquids for a while.  I also found that drinking something warm, like hot tea before I ate, helped a lot - it seemed to "relax" my stomach and my esophagus making it easier for me to consume the solid foods.  Definitely make sure what you are eating is moist - it helps.  I'm now about 5 months post op and the nausea will still hit me every so often - usually if I eat something that is too dry or if I am consuming too much or eating too fast.  Sometimes it is just what I eat.  Yes it is a learning curve.  It does get better.  I know it sucks to think about going back to maybe consuming pureed or liquids, but that might help too - give your tummy a rest for a few days and then slowly start incorporating the solids again.  

If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

-- African Proverb

Most Active
Recent Topics