I feel like a prepper

Karen9849
on 8/20/16 10:00 am

So i'm getting ready, surgery is 9/14.  I went to Shaws this morning and they had Crystal Lite buy one get one free and Star Kist tuna creations on sale for .99 pack.   I bought a bunch of both, I hope I like the flavored tuna, they sound good now.  I was at B J's yesterday and bought 3 packs of Premier protein shakes, they were on sale for $15.49.  Trying to make sure I have things in the house when I come home from surgery.  Otherwise I will go into panic mode.  I am that type of person, I have to be prepared.  What else shold I have ready?

Patty R.
on 8/20/16 10:54 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Wow, you are ready!! Damn, my DH is a butcher at Shaw's but he's on vacation this week. I'm falling behind on prep. ?

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Karen9849
on 8/20/16 11:22 am

They happen to have items on sale this week that I will need, so I figured I should take advantage of it.

CathyV
on 8/20/16 5:54 pm

You are good! Mine is 8/29 and I think I finally am ready,but I have just been getting liquid stuff. I will be on liquids for two weeks after. I bought some shakes and supplements at the doctors office, and I've goand some t Popsicles, jello, chicken and beef broth, hard candies, propel drink mix in a few flavors, decaf coffee and tea, sweetner, some flavored syrups...all this is sugar free of course...and some light apple and cranberry juice. 

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Karen9849
on 8/20/16 6:27 pm

Oh, thank you.  I forgot jello, Popsicles and broth.  I have been readinG all the posts for months, but now that I am down to the wire I an forgetting things.  Thank you

Monarch79
on 8/20/16 6:27 pm - Canada

We are surgery buddies. I'm having surgery the same day. I've mostly focused on some of the liquid things that I'll need as well. I've been reading a few blogs with recipients for the soft food stage. It's crazy how good somethings sound when I can have now is opti fast and broth. 

Good luck. 

Karen9849
on 8/22/16 3:50 am

Cathy, what kind of flavored syrups did you buy, what will you put them in the shakes? I tried a Premier shake yesterday and find them very sweet.  The one's my nut gave me as samples I find have no flavor.  I'm thinking your syrups would help them.  Can you tell me where you bought them?

CathyV
on 8/22/16 8:58 am

I got mine at walmart, but they have them on amazon. I have been wanting to get some for a while now...they are used in a lot of the shake recipes on eggface's blog. the brand is Torani. I bought vanilla, hazelnut, and caramel,,,those were the only sugar free ones they had. I plan to add the caramel to the vanilla shake mix, and maybe the others for coffee or tea. I was hoping to find more to add to vanilla shakes. My nutritionist did suggest getting SF Jello mix and adding a sprinkle to vanilla shakes, so I got some of those too.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

CathyV
on 8/20/16 5:56 pm

Also I keep seeing people online with these fancy flavored broths...where are they getting those?? I think I need some. I got some unflavored protein powder just for mixing in broth. I'll get tired off all the sweet.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Karen9849
on 8/20/16 6:29 pm

I have not seen any fancy broths.  I assumed broth meant bullion? I like the sound of fancy.  Lol

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 452 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 348 views