Nowhere to turn

Tiacoco760
on 11/7/16 2:51 am
RNY on 08/22/16

I had surgery August 22nd and have had a number of issues. I had one follow up Appointment and three visits to the ER. 

I attempted to make a follow up appointment to no avail, the doctor is too busy to meet with me and there is no PA. My earliest appointment isn't until mid December. 

I developed an allergic reaction to Augmentin after my surgery which led me to have diverticulitis and I was in bed for three whole weeks in excruciating pain the pain is now gone and I'm able to walk around freely however my legs thighs breasts and arms are all numb.  even though I was in bed most the time with the diverticulitis I still made the effort to walk as much as I could. 

By now I should be able to eat chicken and meats according to the dietician...I can not keep any of it down. I am staying hydrated, drinking one protein shake over ice (it's all I can keep down). I am constantly tired, all I want to do is sleep and I want feeling in my body parts. 

I paid cash to ensure I didn't have Deep Vein Thrumbosis(sp)

I feel so helpless. I'm sad all the time I feel like I'm just existing not living. I was very energetic before the surgery always on the move now I just want to curl up and cry. 

Oh and I haven't lost any weight since my third week home.  At this point I don't care about the weight-loss I just want to feel happy again. 

ttfan
on 11/7/16 3:06 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I am so sorry you are going thru this, maybe you could make an appointment with your PC and she what they have to say.

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Karen9849
on 11/7/16 3:57 am

That's horrible, I agree call you primary for starters.  I would also call the surgeons nurse and demand he see you.  please keep us posted on how you make out.

Huggs

RNY 9/14/16  - Start Weight 192, Goal Weight 125

Karen9849
on 11/7/16 3:57 am

That's horrible, I agree call you primary for starters.  I would also call the surgeons nurse and demand he see you.  please keep us posted on how you make out.

Huggs

RNY 9/14/16  - Start Weight 192, Goal Weight 125

chassibi
on 11/7/16 5:08 am

Your primary care doctor can address your systemic issues if the surgeon will not, but I would demand that the surgeon f/u, since these are complications from your surgery.

When you say you paid cash to ensure you didn't have DVT--what does that mean? No one can ensure you won't have DVT. That's not making sense to me from a medical standpoint.

Hope things get better soon.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Tiacoco760
on 11/7/16 6:37 am
RNY on 08/22/16

Because I couldn't a referral to a cardiologist I had to pay cash to have the CT, MRI and blood work done to ensure I didn't have DVT or a Pulmonary Embolism. The doctors nurse won't speak to me it's been only the receptionist

saya_88
on 11/7/16 8:38 am
RNY on 07/27/16

I agree call your pc and keep calling your surgeons office. I am so sorry that it is going this way for you. If he keeps ignoring you there are steps you can take to report them or call your insurance and see if there is anyway to see another doctor. Good luck to you, I hope things get better.

supershopper
on 11/7/16 8:40 am

you will need to push to get the care you need....

call your insurance, PCP, anyone you can - get seen...

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

gbarron56
on 11/7/16 11:35 am
RNY on 10/20/16

too late now, I guess, but you primary care doc should have been able to order the ultrasound to check for the DVT. I've had this done several times and unless they find something on the ultrasound to warrant more testing, they shouldn't do an MRI or CT scan. if it happens again, go to the ER and tell them your symptoms and you think youpossibly have a DVT and are --- weeks post surgery. They will definitely do a ultrasound to check your veins. Did you get your imaging tests done at a hospital or independent imiging center? I can't imagine the hospital sending you to get an MRI unless the ultrasound is positive.  hope your feeling better soon and you should definitely demand to see your surgeon! hang in there and don't give up ... squeeky wheel gets the oil!

Gretchen Barron

HW 410; SW 378, RNY October 20, 2016

Monthly WL: M1=40 lbs; M2=28 lbs; M3=18 lbs; M4=8 lbs; M5=12 lbs;

Stepladder
on 11/7/16 2:14 pm
RNY on 10/21/16

The hospital does not have a phone number to talk to whomever is on call ? I would talk to a patient advocate from the hospital. From what you are saying I think some neglect is occurring. But that is just my opinion from what you stated. I hope you feel better soon. 

My surgery is the 21st. All set ready to go. Then I get a bill for thousands of dollars saying all the Psychiatric visits are my responsibility.  Provider billed medical insurance they denied. Finally got to bill behavioral health insurance and they denied. I could cry. I am not going to stop having the surgery. But sure wish these bills would disappear.  Any suggestion, words of comfort ?

Most Active
Recent Topics