What could this be? With an introduction.

CathyV
on 1/19/17 8:28 am

Yep. Fruit is sugar to your body. It's has some vitamins...but so do your vitamins. :) It has fiber, but so do veggies. And until you are getting enough protein (at least 60g) every day, you don't need to worry about them either. Protein it up until you reach your goal. And even then, it's mostly protein from now on. 

Juice--- unless you are drinking a protein shake, don't drink your calories, ever. I am 6 months out, and I don't dump or have any food intolerances, but if I eat something too carby I just feel run down for hours. Blood sugar reaction I think. I have no doubt juice would not go over well.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/17 9:58 am
RNY on 09/22/16

Protein, Protein, Protein! And then....more Protein!

Ceci

conazza
on 1/19/17 6:38 pm
RNY on 09/23/16

My Doctors diet for the early puréed stage had cream of wheat and mashed potatoes! (No juice though) I never once ate any of that because I instead followed the advice here and ate yogurt and cottage cheese type things instead. I am extremely grateful I was here before my surgery and learned those things. As Grim said you don't have to follow that plan but you do need to eat protein forward soft foods and there are plenty that are better than juice and cream of wheat. Do those even have protein? You can switch it up now. Listen to those who have actually been successful. They devote huge amounts of time helping us all to be as successful as they are. 

Lap band: 2006. Revision to RNY 9/23/2016

8/2/17: Goal Reached: 135lbs. & 115lbs lost (5'3")

Pre-op: 250, SW 242, CW 125, GW 135

Pre-op: 9lb M1: 20lb M2: 11.5lb M3: 11.9 M4: 13.4 M5: 10.8 M6: 10.2 M7: 8.1 M8: 8.4 M9: 6.5 M10: 5.7 M11: 3.5 M12: 4.3

seattledeb
on 1/20/17 4:20 am

It's not unusual to have diarrhea after a colonoscopy.

Good that you posted because drinking juice is going to get you no where fast. I think I'm 8 years post op and I don't drink juice. If I want fruit I will eat the actual fruit. AFTER the protein.

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/20/17 6:36 am

I had to work really hard for 2 days to really get clean for me colonoscopy.. but once I started "going" .. I keep going for at least 2 more days ... my guts are slow to move ...but once they do.. they keep going and going.. like the pink bunny in the batteries commercial..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics