What's on Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/16/17 2:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey everyone! Wow, I think the daylight savings time is finally catching up to me. I really did not want to get up this morning... I saw this pic on Facebook the other day and I felt like it explained my week perfectly. Sometimes my erratic schedule makes it really hard to get to the gym after work, and between losing and hour, plus a massive snow storm, I am way behind on the workouts this week.

But exciting news! I have a call scheduled today with a place called Marathon Physical Therapy. They have a "run program" and they have people who will meet me, help fit me for shoes (why is this the hardest part!?), assess my gait, and help make sure I am on track for the Disney 1/2 marathon in January. I am excited to get some professional support.

QOTD: Speaking of Disney, the new live action Beauty and the Beast movie with Emma Watson is coming out on Friday and I am so excited to see it! I think she is a perfect fit for the role . Beauty and the Beast is my second favorite Disney movie, after The Little Mermaid, which I have always adored. What is your favorite animated Disney movie?

20 month post op (haha if you are paying attention, I counted wrong and skipped straight from 18 months to 20!) / 119lbs today (grrr) / maintenance diet

B: Fit Frappe Mocha with hot coffee

S: buffalo chicken snackers & babybel cheese

L: Jimmy John's Italian roll up wrapped in lettuce not bread

S: Siggi's yogurt

D: Ham steak

Totals: (haven't done them yet--I'll come back!)

Exercise: uhh? 4 miles of walking to and from the train again, but I should probably get in a 2.5 mile run, too. I'll try.

Vitamins: Patches (D3, Iron & Multi) Oral (Magnesium & Potassium & Calcium Citrate)

Have a great day, everyone!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

ttfan
on 3/16/17 2:59 am
RNY on 08/15/16

What a day yesterday! 5 minutes into snowblowing our yard it picked up a piece of metal the plow truck left behind and it destroyed our snowblower! So shoveled for 3 hours. Then ran in to take a shower and get to the Dr. office for my 6 month check up.. everything was great, in fact I have to lower the amount of iron and the amount of vitamin B12 I am taking because it is way over the chart!

qotd: 100 Dalmatians.. when my daughter was young she watched that movie a thousand times I bet...lol I just love Pongo...lol

Breakfast
Iceburg Lettuce Leaves
Greek Yogurt
Smoked Chicken Breast
Lunch
Haddock (Baked)
Spinach
Dinner
Corned Beef Brisket
Cooked Cabbage
Snacks
Jack Links

Totals cal 595 carbs 10 pro 68

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Queen JB
on 3/16/17 3:05 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Interesting about your vitamin levels. Can I ask what they consider "too high"? I am struggling with iron, because my Ferritin is still on the low side but my total iron is high. Not sure how to balance these numbers...

ttfan
on 3/17/17 2:29 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I can't remember the numbers but I can remember the % and my ferratin was 31% over the high end number and my B12 was 58% over the high end number. I was taking iron twice a day with a vitamin C pill and she brought me back to once a day and my B12 she is having me take 3 times a week.

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

M. P.
on 3/16/17 5:35 am
RNY on 03/07/17

Good morning!

I am also looking forward to seeing Beauty and the Beast! My favorite Disney movie is The Lion King, but the first movie to ever make me cry as a kid was Beauty and the Beast, so it's also a sentimental favorite.

Travel is going well, walked all over the sunshiny beach yesterday and got in well over 3miles. It was so nice! I wish I could figure out how to post pictures off my phone, I'd upload pictures from last night's sunset. Going to get ready for my meeting this morning and take a walk along the beach at sunrise before heading into work. It's going to be so hard to return to the snow tomorrow!

B: 8oz Chocolate Unjury + Fair Life Milk

S: 8oz Chocolate Unjury + Fair Life Milk

Lunch: 4oz Grapefruit Nectar

S: 4oz Unflaored Unjury + Crystal light

D: Some kind of soup broth, haven't decided which restaurant to try yet but I am going to look for some Miso or Pho broth, yum!

Enjoy the day everyone!

Patty R.
on 3/16/17 9:14 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

The Lion King is my favorite as well!! My boys wore out the 1st "VCR tape" so we had to get a second!!!

G2GAWAY
on 3/16/17 9:59 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

I wish I had that problem. My Hemoglobin levels are declining....Quite normal (normal range is 11.7-15.5) back in January 2015 at 13.7, 13.8 in May 2015, (had RNY in May 2015), 12.9 in December 2015, 10.5 in December 2016 (preop for plastics so I started adding even more iron), and then just had a test for my annual physical and it is 9.4. WTH? I know some people have had iron infusions. What were your levels when you had them? Were there rough side effects from the infusion? I went and saw my bariatric surgeon right after my physical and he wants me to try some different iron for a month and see how the levels work. He has me taking Vitron-C. Any thoughts from those who have gone through it?

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Ashley in Belgium
on 3/16/17 3:06 am - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Hey there - It's so weird that you are just getting up and I am helping the boys with homework and off to bed soon :)

I don't do anything formal in terms of exercise - but I do know that being fitted for shoes (and Bras for that matter) makes a HUGE difference. So that's pretty awesome you found a place to sort you out. As for the Disney movie? The original Lady and the Tramp.

Maintenance menu: 3.5 years post revision to RNY Current Weight 118 LB

B: 3 coffee with milk, Protein yogurt and almonds

L: Nasty soy protein bar as I was out and about chasing my tail all over Tokyo

S: Protein yogurt w/ almonds to get some more protein in

D: Tofu curry with aubergines

S: Peanuts and Brazil nuts as I had a RH reaction to my dinner (too many aubergines!)

Way too much walking today and stairs. Got lost on the Metro and ended up hiking all over the place to get home!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Daisydoo02
on 3/16/17 3:43 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning JB & Menu Crew, a quick fly by post today!

Great job on the running JB, you will be in top form for Disney in January!

Just wanted to stop in and say "Hi" and let you all know that we got the pathology results yesterday for Mom in regards to her breast cancer and the results are Awesome, she is cancer free (for now) and the surgeon got the tumor & clear margins! So over the moon happy right now! Next steps is Oncologist on Friday to find out the treatment plan (radiation, drugs and possibly chemo) and then Radiation Oncologist to get treatments. Mom is struggling with pain & problems with her one scar where they took the lymph nodes but overall is good. Its been an ordeal and quite the journey so far to say the least, most days I don't know if I am coming or going or what day it is, I am next level exhausted and there is too much going on in my life in other aspects (crappy work, other family & friends who are also sick), I feel like my mind can't take any more "stuff" or I might snap. But more good news, Hubby is FINALLY getting sequestered on Friday with the other Jurors to deliberate the verdict on the Murder trial he has been a Juror on. It has been 5 & 1/2 long months (he started this trial October 3rd 2016) and he is so ready to be done and get back to work.

QOTD: So many amazing Disney movies to choose from but I know that I love the "Aristocats" as its evokes wonderful memories of my two nieces Emily & Lindsay when they were little and I would babysit and we would watch it 8 million times and we all sang the song "Tra la la boom de ay" together! Also love "Finding Nemo" and "Up" and "Monsters Inc."

Time since surgery: 3 yrs + 4 months

B: 1/2 can of solid white tuna with 1/4 cup of chopped red pepper + 2 tbsp Kraft Balsamic dressing

L: 1/2 can of solid white tuna with 1/4 cup of chopped red pepper + 2 tbsp Kraft Balsamic dressing

S: 2 Swiss babybel

D: 1/2 cup taco flavoured ground beef with 1 tbsp shredded cheese + 1 tbsp sour cream

S: Skyr Strawberry Icelandic Yogurt

TOTALS: 866 calories, 98 protein, 29 carbs

V: PatchMD patches are on: Iron, Multi, Vit D & Calcium, B12

L: coffee all day with Vanilla Premier Protein as my "cream" and water with splash of SF cranberry juice

E: 5km walk on lunch hour and 5km hike with the dogs when I get home in the snow and cold

Be fabulous Menu Crew

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Queen JB
on 3/16/17 3:49 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yaaaaaaaaaaay for MamaDaisy!

I am so relieved to hear this positive news. And I am happy for Arun, too! What a ****ty few months--I am over the moon happy that things are starting to turn around for your family

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?