What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 3/20/17 10:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Sorry you are still feeling yucky... hang in there!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

One Bad Beach
on 3/20/17 9:11 am
RNY on 11/28/16

Good morning, Menu Pals! Spring has sprung, and it was a great weekend! Our temps reached the 90's on Saturday and Sunday. We managed to get some work done around the house AND go to a flea market. We added a few laying hens to our flock since some of our older gals aren't really "Spring Chickens" anymore. They've stopped producing, so we've been having to purchase eggs. Bummer. They're sweet and will continue to be our pets (since I just can't wring their necks, pluck, clean and freeze them).

QOTD: I really don't have a bucket list. I still did all kinds of fun things like tubing/kayaking down the river/waterfalls, took trips, etc. I would like to get to a healthy weight at this point, so that's my bucket list for right now. I'm still in a stall, I guess. It sucks. BAD.

Almost four months post-op / weighing 190 (still) today / trying to lose 50-60 more lbs.

B: Low-Fat Cottage Cheese

S: Oikos Triple Zero Vanilla, 2 frozen strawberries, 5 frozen blueberries, 2 frozen pineapple chunks

L: 2 oz. Shrimp, 5 cucumber slices, 1 String Cheese

S: 1/2 Flat-Out Light, 4 oz. Rotisserie Chicken

D: 1/4 c. Taco Meat, 1/8 c. Refried Beans, 1 Tbsp. Shredded Cheese, 2 Tbsp. Salsa

S: 1/2 Banana, 2 Tbsp. PB2

Totals: Calories: 774 / Protein: 93 / Fat: 16

Vitamins: Multi, D3, Calcium, Iron, B12

Exercise: Lots of walking today. Have to clean the barn and the house when I get home...plus clean out the nest boxes. I'm so glad the daylight lasts until almost 9 PM!!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY FOLKS!

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

Amy Liz
on 3/20/17 9:18 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning! Ah, Monday. Sometimes I like them. I like the routine and I love being prepared. I had such a productive weekend. We got so much done around the house, chores, planning & prepping, errands, lots of fun and relaxing too. It was lovely.

This afternoon, my sister and I are going to look at a house with my parents that is closer to all of us kids. Right now, they are over an hour away from me. This place would put them around the corner from my sister who is available to help full time, down the street from a hospital and only 20 minutes away from me. I'm so worried about my dad (Alzheimer's) being able to adjust to a new place. I know it will make my mom feel better not feeling so isolated/fearful where they live. Getting old sucks.

QOTD - I'm still fully realizing what it is I can and want to do! So far just feeling comfortable and fitting into chairs comfortably is huge! I'd like to do more challenging hikes (no more baby trails), working up to mountain climbing. There are so many great places right where I live to do that. I have NO desire to zip line, parasail or skydive, ya'll are brave people!! I'd love to kayak however I still having anxiety about it...If I can get passed that, I think I would add paddle boarding too.

Tomorrow is 4 months for me

b- coffee w/heavy cream and SF hazelnut syrup

b2 - cheddar cheese and walnuts

l - tuna w/mayo and a little onion

d - leftover tri tip

v/l - good

e - gym for cardio after looking at the house w/parents (if I am not too emotionally spent)

HAVE A GOOD DAY

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Sadeyes49
on 3/20/17 9:27 am - CT

Good afternoon & Happy 1st Day of Spring!

This morning I weighed in at 184 lbs. I'm convinced that weekends aren't going to well for me.

I really don't understand the increase in weight since I do stick to protein plan and just having a snack of popcorn and some chocolate candy as a snack on a weekend day! Certainly haven't eaten over 3,500 calories!

This was exactly the way it was for me before I had bariatric surgery. I am bummed, but really trying to hold it together because then I can actually not care and go crazy eating things I have no business eating!

At church, someone had the nerve to ask me, "are you gaining weight?" It took all I had to hold it together because I knew someone would eventually be so insensitive to ask me this. I replied, yes, but I already took off some of it." Even so, this question is still in my mind, trying to gain traction and help me give in to the insecurity I feel about the weight gain, which will only plunge me into despair! How nice it is that people watch your weight for you and it's never going to be how nice you look, or nice to see you, or I love you, it's always about the weight, when you are the fat one!

I tell myself, I am sooooo tired of this up and down game with my weight. I just want to throw in the towel, but then on the other hand, I know I must keep on pushing.

I have cutback on carbs, I have increased protein, even selected a lower carb coffee creamer, SMH!

Even at this weight, my knee is beginning to hurt again when climbing stairs. Obesity!!

QOTD: I would like to start running. I always wanted to do this.

MENU:

COFFEE, 3 cups before breakfast, with 2 half/halfs (no carbs), 1 with Irish creme creamer (5 carbs)

Breakfast: 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, scrambled with 1 tbsp of ricotta, and sprinkle of part skim mozz shredded cheese on top with, salsa.

Lunch: 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, with 2 tsp of SF blackberry jam

Dinner: TBD

Have a wonderful day!

Amy Liz
on 3/20/17 9:39 am
RNY on 11/21/16

How rude!! Honestly, if someone said that to me there is no way I could have been nice and answered politely...even at church! I used to be so nice all the time but my filter has grown very thin over the years...

Sadeyes49
on 3/20/17 9:59 am - CT

Dear Ymaliz,

Yes, I was surprised at my response. But it hurts.

Amy Liz
on 3/20/17 10:08 am, edited 3/20/17 3:19 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I know it hurts. I'm sorry if I came off insensitive, that was not my intention. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Sadeyes49
on 3/20/17 10:32 am - CT

No, you did not come off as insensitive at all! You were just being real, and I appreciate it.

CathyV
on 3/20/17 12:04 pm

Good grief. :(

Ok, we need a response for this kind of ridiculousness. Something that doesn't sink to their level, but something that makes it clear how rude they are being and that you don't intend to even answer their question. Maybe a super over the top smile and a chipper, "Yes, the weather has been lovely, hasn't it?! Excuse me, won't you, I think I saw a rabbit over there." and then wander away.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Sadeyes49
on 3/20/17 12:08 pm - CT

lol! I like that response! I can actually see it in my mind right now! Good one! I hope I don't have to use it. Thank you!

Most Active
Recent Topics