Feeling sick after eating 12 years out from Gastric bypass

4C_
on 7/10/17 3:33 pm

Hello everyone. I had surgery back in 2005. I'm feeling sick after eating. I try to stay away from sugar. I think maybe it's hidden sugar in the food. I just feel awful. Is anyone else having this issue?

Ladytazz
on 7/11/17 1:37 am

Is this new or have you had it for a long time. If it is a new symptom you may want to see your doctor about it.

If you do dump you may have to be careful about your food choices. It is hard to hide the fact that food contains sugar if it's listed on the ingredients. I dump and believe me I don't take a bite of anything unless I am sure there is no sugar. This includes ordering at a restaurant.

You may also have reactive hypoglycemia. Get a blood monitor and check out your levels when you are feeling sick. You may need to get something with protein in you to help with the symptoms.

You also need to watch how you eat with RH so learning if you have it can help you make the changes you can do to reduce the incidences.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

4C_
on 7/11/17 12:37 pm

I have never heard of rh before. I will definitely be doing research on this and also look into getting a monitor to check my levels after eating. Thank you so much for replying!! ?

Gina 21 Years Out
on 7/11/17 4:56 am - Burleson, TX

I agree with Tazz...Will have more input after you answer her questions

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 37 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 357 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?