Transition to full iquid

Rainmn
on 8/12/17 5:44 am
RNY on 08/03/17

Hi teammates!

I had my one week checkup yesterday following RNY on Aug 2 and my staff told I could transition to full liquids--I celebrated with a cup of cream of tomato (well, skim milk of tomato) soup with fresh basil from the garden. It was heaven (I had to pull the basil leaves out as I ate, of course, because they weren't liquid--but they added a lot of flavor).

So what else is good on full liquid? Any recommendations? I have been 100% compliant and want to stay that way, but I am lacking imagination.

Weight loss is going really well (down 36 pounds since I started pre-op), physical stamina is down just a bit, but getting better...I have been getting protein in pretty well (avg 60 grams/day) with few problems. Constipation was an issue, but doctor suggested milk of amnesia yesterday and the floodgates opened at 0321 this morning. I forgot how powerful that stuff was, maybe a smaller dose next time.

Thanks again for all the help and support--I will buy any of you a non-caffeinated, luke warm, non-alcoholic, non-carbonated beverage when we meet!

peachpie
on 8/12/17 5:50 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Milk of amnesia lol. Auto correct strikes again.

Creamy soups were my indulgence, broccoli cheddar was a go to, carefully eating around the broccoli. Sugar free puddings, and Greek yogurts became regulars for me too.

I know it's taboo here but I did eat cream of wheat/ s.f. applesauce- but saw it as a means to an end. Gave me some variety in the short term- but I did not keep them long term.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

FluffyChix
on 8/12/17 5:57 am

snort IKR? "Milk of Amnesia"

FluffyChix
on 8/12/17 6:00 am

I dunno, but I'd like a big steamin' cup of Milk of Amnesia this morning! ROFL! Hilarious.

I am just a pre-surg noob, so no advice here, but I understand the blog The World According to Eggface is phenomenal and filled with recipes perfect for all your WLS/bariatric recipe needs!!!

BTW! Congrats on a successful surgery and graduation to full liquids!!! Woot! So happy for you and btw, love your attitude!

Most Active
Recent Topics