Thrush

Tina A.
on 12/30/17 5:14 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

I had surgery on December 26 and i have developed thursh. Not only does my tongue fill huge but nothing tastes good and I am having a hard time getting my shakes in. My dr called in a prescription for the thrush but didnt know if any of you had this problem. I do not want to become dehydrated. Help!

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/30/17 9:42 pm

Take the meds and try to concentrate on drinking liquids. Trush is nasty. But it can happen due to antibiotics you were probably given during surgery.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Tina A.
on 12/31/17 7:30 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

Thank you

Daisydoo02
on 12/31/17 1:30 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I got a horrible case of thrush a few days after surgery. I wanted to die it was so painful. My doctor gave me a mouth rinse which helped but mine was so bad my tongue was bleeding. It was just horrible and eating and drinking was excruciating. My doctor told me it was the yeast in my body expelling itself, so I ended up getting a nasty yeast infection in my lady parts and thrush in my mouth. It was pretty much hell. The mouth rinse and oral antibiotics cleared it up but I was a mess for a few days. Best of luck to you, it does go away.

If you can tolerate it, sugar free popsicles or cold drinks or sugar free Gatorade with ice to help numb your mouth/tongue. Do not get dehydrated, it will make the situation worse.

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Tina A.
on 12/31/17 7:31 pm
RNY on 12/26/17

Thank you! I am trying to do everything i can i just feel helpless.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 421 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views