Dissy spells

Ghoop
on 12/31/17 1:44 am
RNY on 03/22/13

I am 5 years post opp i have very bad dissy spells randomly. I always drink water some gateraid mostly in the summer months...and maybe a small cup of apple juice..just for some thing different...but majority i drink only water...i do skip meals...i worry about weight gain..any suggestions is to why i have these spells

hollykim
on 12/31/17 6:52 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 31, 2017 at 9:44 AM Pacific Time, Ghoop wrote:

I am 5 years post opp i have very bad dissy spells randomly. I always drink water some gateraid mostly in the summer months...and maybe a small cup of apple juice..just for some thing different...but majority i drink only water...i do skip meals...i worry about weight gain..any suggestions is to why i have these spells

my guess is that you are having dizzy spells because you are dehydrated and missing meals, your blood sugar mY be dropping from not eating.

Ghoop
on 12/31/17 3:38 pm
RNY on 03/22/13

I thought i could be dehydrayed as well but when i get checked im not and my sugar is 80s and 90s when i check..my endo. doctor is gonna check my adrenal glands

Daisydoo02
on 12/31/17 1:43 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

100% agree with what HollyKim wrote. Its probably part dehydration and part low blood sugar due to skipping meals. How much water are you drinking? I would say at minimum you need 10 8oz of liquids a day, AT MINIMUM. I usually drink 14-16 8oz drinks a day so I am getting close to 128oz of liquids a day.

I know when I have not drank enough and I get up from the couch too fast I get dizzy. So I have to drink more to not feel dizzy.

There is absolutely no reason you should be skipping meals to keep your weight down. If you are eating a protein forward, low carb menu plan then eating 3 meals and two snacks a day is easy to maintain your weight loss. If you are eating carb heavy meals (rice, potatoes, crackers, chips, cereal, cookies, bread) then I could see why you would want to skip meals to save calories.

The flu is quite bad this year and I have several co workers who are getting nasty ear infections along with the flu, they are getting dizzy and vertigo quite bad. But if you are not sick then its most likely dehydration and low blood sugar from lack of meals. Best of luck.

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Ghoop
on 12/31/17 3:51 pm
RNY on 03/22/13

My endo. Doctor is ordering a acth stimulation test on the 3rd..all my blood work comes back perfect...i got over weight from taking meds..but i got off all meds a year before surgery..and i dont take any now..i do have low blood pressure and i have low blood sugar spells...i drink 95% water and some gateraid...maintanance is very hard..especially when you half to not drink 30min before and a hour after meals pluse work

Teena D.
on 1/2/18 5:49 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Actually, most of us don't follow the guideline to not eat 30 minutes before meals and most surgical centres no longer require that. You can drink right up until you start eating but then do NOT drin****il 30 minutes after you've finished.

Hope you feel feel better soon!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Teena D.
on 1/2/18 5:48 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

So good to see you on here and giving great advice as always! Xo

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 459 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 356 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics