Slow loss/stall because of calories?

MsTwinkles
on 1/7/18 3:55 am
RNY on 01/16/17

With the exception of the first month after my surgery, my weight loss has been a long series of stalls. I have made peace with the fact that this is how I experience weight loss.

In my case, I had to learn to not put so much emphasis on what the scale was telling me but to instead focus on the inches I was losing. Even when the scale isn't moving, my clothes get baggier.

Grim_Traveller
on 1/7/18 9:19 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Drop things like toast and peas. They're just empty calories. And you really need to drop the Genepro. It's a scam. There has been a lot written about it. They aren't giving you nearly as much protein as they claim with all of their extreme absorption molocule size nonsense.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

CJ On Orcas
on 1/8/18 9:43 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

Lot of people (a lot) lose in a stair fashion... over and then down, then over for a while before down again. There was a great article on here sometime ago about that and why, but basically something abou****er and our bodies needing a lot of water before it can let go of a pound, and then voila! A drop in weight. It is a great reason to drink a lot of water every day.

I lost all of my weight like that, lot of stalls. I also kept my calories at two months out below 600/day. Vets here recommended I keep things like bread, pasta, crackers, anything starchy out of my diet, because they are empty calories, my body needs protein, but also because carbs lead to cravings. I fought it for a while until I realized the vets were right. When I add carbs to my diet, I get hungry. When I eat protein I get full quickly.

Most Active
Recent Topics