3 days post op questions.

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/18 6:22 pm
RNY on 03/05/18

I had surgery Monday, and I've gained 4 lbs... is that from if fluids and the air??

Also, my stomach is making LOUDLY insane noises how long does the gas lasts???

Daisydoo02
on 3/7/18 6:34 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Welcome and congrats on your surgery!

Yes the 4 lbs is the fluid in your body. I have seen some fresh post ops say they gained over 10+ lbs after coming home, its very normal and it does go away in a week or two.

The gas pains lasted about a week for me, the more I walked (which was just pacing around my house from the kitchen to the living room) the more the gas dissipated. Walking helps a lot with getting the gas out, try your best to keep moving.

All our pouches/remnant stomachs and sleeves "talk." Mine still does daily at 4 years post surgery. For some reason mine is extra talkative when I drink Diet Cranberry juice, its like I have a little gremlin in there. So yes, very normal and its just one of those things.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

(deactivated member)
on 3/7/18 6:52 pm
RNY on 03/05/18

Thank you for that info

CJ On Orcas
on 3/8/18 4:45 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

Congratulations on your surgery! I gained about 10 pounds after my rny... they gave you iv fluids, and wome bodies tends to hold on to water weight for a while. And, surgery is always a shock to the system. I think it took me three weeks to start seeing a loss... just focus on getting liquids in, and protein, and your body will start to equalize. Walk when you can - that was hard for me in the beginning but it will help you get rid of the gas and extra fluid.

Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/18 5:39 pm
RNY on 03/05/18

Thank you in very excited about this journey, although scary! I am n t a patient person but I'm guessing this surgery will make me different in that way,lol!

3 weejs!?! I figured it was faster than that!

Well congrats on your weight loss, that' great. Thanks for your help

CJ On Orcas
on 3/8/18 5:51 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

Just be patient. As long as you follow the rules you will do great. I would recommend that you not obsess over the scale in the beginning. You will lose some, then maybe stall, then lose some, stall again. But it will come off. It is an exciting journey that just takes time and patience. Oh, and following the rules!

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/18 6:03 pm
RNY on 03/05/18

Your righ t...thank you

How do you get that chart up there.? With the fish and such i can't find it

CJ On Orcas
on 3/8/18 6:11 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

Upper right hand corner next to the red plus sign, there is a wheel, it is the settings menu. Go to Tickers, and you can add your own ticker and pick your personal style. You can also enter health info, log your weight, put up pics of yourself, add goals, etc.

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/18 8:21 pm
RNY on 03/05/18

thank you you rock!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 445 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 400 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?