What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Kakesie
on 9/15/18 5:07 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Menu Family! I'm up early so I thought I'd start us out today. (Someone else is probably posting as I am, knowing my luck!)

Sorry I missed posting the past two days. Thursday was Saralisa's surgery and I was busy taking care of her. Friday I picked about 80 pounds of apples off of my apple tree and sold them on our Facebook Area Exchange for $3 per 5-lb. bag. So I was busy picking apples, sorting them, weighing them, bagging them up, answering people and meeting people to pick up apples.

QOTD: Do you plan to dress up for Halloween? Or if you don't, imagine you ARE going to a costume party. What would your ideal Halloween costume be? I think I would like to dress up like a fairy or something magical with sparkles and a magic wand. (Yes, I'm still a little girl inside).

Accountability: Yesterday: Protein - 92, Calories - 1,425, Carbs - 152.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, banana, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: 160 calorie meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

D: Healthy Choice meal, light & fit Greek yogurt

S: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt, frozen yogurt

E: walking dogs

Have a wonderful day everyone!

~ Karen

Partlypollyanna
on 9/15/18 5:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

How is Saralisa feeling? Hopefully her recovery is quick; I remember when I had my gallbladder out, I hadn't realized how sick and sapped I was beforehand so recovery was a breeze...of course, being in my 20s may have also contributed to that!

QOTD - yes, I'm excited that I will be able to buy a costume off the shelf vs being limited to just what's available in my size. No idea what I will be but I need to go to the costume store soon!

I'm already on the go this morning, hectic Saturday ahead but it's all good!

coffee + half and half

b - cheese stick

l - light and fit

d - maybe deli roast beef or a bun less burger?

have a great day

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Kakesie
on 9/15/18 6:01 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Saralisa is doing pretty well, thanks for asking, Jen. A little sore, but nothing compared to the pain she had when the gall stone was stuck in the duct.

catwoman7
on 9/15/18 5:56 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin', Weekenders! And thanks for getting us started, Karen!

this morning, as usual, we'll head out for coffee and newspaper-reading. Other than that...?? Quiet day, I'm guessing. Tomorrow I'll go down to Chicago because I have a PS post-op appt on Monday morning. I'm meeting up with a cousin tomorrow and hope to find a hotel that's near a Middle Eastern restaurant (ha ha - although to be honest, I'm not really kidding - I've been looking forward to Middle Eastern food all week!)

QOTD: I haven't dressed up for Halloween in probably 30 years - and I'm not sure what I'd dress as if I was going to a costume party. I guess I'm not really into it - so I'd probably just go buy a witch's hat if I had to. That sounds simple enough...

3 years 3 months out:

B: homemade Greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder and raspberries

MS: coffee with half & half, Miralax/protein vanilla latte shake

L: cottage cheese and strawberries

AS: protein pumpkin pie

D: TJ's grilled chili lime chicken strips and corn on the cob

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

pinyee
on 9/15/18 6:24 am - Bomoseen, VT
RNY on 03/23/16

Good morning friends... First time this week I have had a chance to get on.. I saw on Facebook that Saralisa is feeling pretty good for having surgery. Hope it continues. Busy weekend ahead. I of course brought work home and on Thursday hubby and I are headed to Cleveland for a long weekend trip we are taking the train so that should be fun so I have to get the house in order and start packing.

QOTD: I do not dress up for Halloween although I do take my nieces shopping for costumes and buy them theirs. I am making a day out of it we are going to lunch and buying costumes and then toy shopping.... Mom and dad are staying home just the girls, Uncle Bryon and I should be fun. After we get home we will understand why we only had one and mad respect for people who have multiples!

Food for the day:

B: eggs w/ cheese and salsa

L: ham and cheese

D: meatballs w/ sauce and cheese

Hope everyone has a great day.

Amy Liz
on 9/15/18 6:28 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning weekenders! Happy to hear Sara lisa is going well now, what a relief!! What a week, I am so happy not to be hitting the ground running today. I slept until 6 even. Now its time for coffee and OH~ The only things on my agenda today are swimming at noon, shopping, relaxing w/the DVR and BBQ for dinner.

QOTD - Not sure what I would do, something fun. My favorite costume ever was a flapper in my 20's it was awesome and I won best costume - I went all out! I think I would like to do a couples theme of something... I always see the coolest stuff but can never remember!

Accountability - I added pork rinds to get past a bad snack attach I had. I don't believe I am ever actually hungry but the desire to eat is so strong sometimes. Coming off carbs and old habits were probably the culprit here.

21+ post op - 164.5

b- coffee x 3, light and fit yogurt

l-turkey, jack cheese and green chiles - melted

d-cheese burger in a bowl on spring mix w/a little chopped tomato, pickle and mustard

es - light and fit yogurt frozen

v/l - on track

e-swimming - going for 60 minutes straight today

Have a wonderful day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/18 7:06 am
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/18 7:08 am, edited 9/15/18 12:08 am
Greateight
on 9/15/18 7:26 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning. A quick post before I try and drag my two teenagers out of bed.

QOTD: A couple of years I dressed upas a Ghostbuster to hand out candy to the children that came by the house. Maybe I will try something else this year.

This is my first day of soft foods and I'm going to try refried beans. Also going to try and drink the two protein drinks left over from the hospital.

Breakfast: Refried beans with a little mozerella

Snack: cottage cheese

Lunch: Protein drink with PB fit

Snack: Refried beans if it works, SF popsicles or pudding

Dinner: Broth and 1/2 protein drink

Have a great weekend!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

seattledeb
on 9/15/18 10:48 am

That was my first food. It tasted so good after all those sweet shakes.

Enjoy!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?