Band slipped and eroded

Colvin5
on 9/18/18 3:04 pm

Hi

I had the lap band in 2007 and have had lots of problems in the last year Vomiting almost each time I eat excessive acid reflux and regain of 80#s in just 6 months. I had an EGD and a barium swallow today and my band has slipped and is severely eroded. They also said that the slippage of the band caused a pouch which was filled with solid foods for awhile they said that the food was fermented ?I go to see a Bariatric surgeon in the morning to get a date for removal of the band. I hope he can perform the gastric bypass at the same time. Anyone with any of these symptoms please seek medical attention right away unlike myself

see ya lighter

Danna

Patty R.
on 9/19/18 8:33 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

So sorry to hear this!! I had multiple problems with the crap band as well!!

What I can tell you from experience...Study up on gastric bypass, although it is one of restriction, it one of malabsorption as well.

The restriction in bypass is TOTALLY different, so don't look or wait for it. Measure and weigh exclusively!!

Keep in mind that the damage from the band may prevent bypass from happening when the band is removed.

Since this is revision surgery, your weight loss will most likely be slower than WLS virgins. You must be patient with yourself!!

Trust that if you follow all "the rules", the weight will come off!

Good Luck on your new step in your weight loss journey.

elcee
on 9/23/18 4:32 pm

I was banded in 2009, initially very successful but the band is so useless now it may as well not be ther.

Saw my surgeon last week and he recommended an RNY. Trying to do lots of research before I make a decision. I need to know the good the bad and the ugly.

He does a one step op. He said he can either remove the band including all the scar tissue and then wait to do the second op which means that there will be new scar tissue or just do it in 1 go. Obviously it makes more sense to do it in 1 go.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 442 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views