Week 3-Still sipping?

Dee_Caprini
on 4/22/20 3:26 pm

Agreed with the above commenters! Hopefully, you have had a good "big sip", since then? lol

I still get the urge to chug but I am by no means a rebel and do it. I get the major pain bubble if I drink too fast so I will leave it at one drink, swallow, wait a few seconds, (maybe 10) and drink again.

One thing I don't do is drink and eat at the same time. 12 years out and still something I don't do.

Cris1976
on 4/25/20 12:43 pm

I completed two years after bypass. I drink water normally. I love water and I always carry a bottle with me ð?¤--

ChavezFrinak1955
on 4/25/20 10:02 pm

Hi my name is Sylvia and I have gastric bypass in 06. What I can tell you is that my WLteam provided me with a plan of what I would be drinking and for how long. I'd have to pull out my notes but what I can tell you is to do exactly as your doc says .My doc and his team might have a different plan than others. I remember transitioning and it was slow. Hang in there. "Normal Pace"

drinking is gone. For me it was learning slower pace. My whole life

changed. My new norm was not what the old norm was. 3 weeks post op

my insides were healing and also taking on new roles.
I hope this has helped. It took me years to get the gift of WLS therefore

it was going to take time to learn new

ways. Easy does it you'll look back in 3-6 months and boy things will be different .

fourkeys
on 4/27/20 10:06 am
RNY on 12/24/14

If you aren't crazy abou****er (at least all of the time) as MadisonRose suggested, Crystal Light may be an attractive option for you. I tried a few different flavors but settled on Concord Grape since post-op in 2015 and I drink 60 - 80 ounces a day. I use CL packets that come 6 to a container and if you don'****er it down that makes 12 quarts of liquid. I buy mine at Publix here in Florida and the price varies but every few months there is a buy-one-get-one-free sale and I buy as many as I can find. You can also find manufacturer coupons for $1 off on the purchase of two containers and that brings the price further down and I really stock up (the stuff don't go bad and is easy to store). Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics