What's on your Monday Menu?

Julia S.
on 1/22/24 8:41 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I never go barefoot, per my podiatrist instructions. I've had plantar fasciitis and am always supposed to wear shoes or slippers. I have these socks that I made from stretchy polar fleece and they are the only thing that keeps my feet warm.

The snow and ice is mostly gone, still lingering in small areas but no more is expected soon. It's just rainy and about 50 this week.

I've been having issues taking my vitamins lately. Every time I do I get nausea, so I've changed to gummy vitamins. They should not cause the same problems.

I finally stepped on the scale and was pleasantly surprised. I'm actually down a little over a pound from the last time I weighed which was in May. I can't believe I went that long without weighing myself. I used to do it most days, but I've been in denial lately because I feel fluffy, the weight may be less but I feel bigger. So I'm going to work on this. I've also been trying not to snack, and I've cut out the wine. When I drink I tend to eat more. Plus with the nausea I really haven't felt like eating. So I guess that is a win.

My Mom is talking about getting a kitten, I want to say at 88 are you sure you want to get another cat? She has one that she inherited from her roommate that died, but they haven't really bonded so she wants a cuddle bug and that is definitely not Zoe. She has also forgotten what it's like to have a kitten. Since mine are 18 months old, I definitely remember.

Matt you have me wanting to do a road trip.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Partlypollyanna
on 1/22/24 11:18 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Be sure you have your doc test your vites and minerals. I have heard we don't absorb from the gummies but if you do, yay you!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/22/24 5:06 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

yea - I hear you about the kitten. I'm not sure I'd get one now, and I'm only 63. That means I'd likely have the cat until I'm 80. If. were much older, than no. I wouldn't want to outlive a pet because I'd worry about what would happen to it after I passed.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 1/22/24 5:14 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I got up around 3:00 this morning to finish reading the book for my book group, and totally forgot about posting. After the book group, we went to MIL's until around 6:00 and then came home. If we worked 6-8 hours a day in her apt we might be done with everything this weekend, but we're kind of fried at this point. We're not going bac****il Friday. We have the apt until the end of February, so this won't be a problem...we should be able to really take our time with this at this point. But wow - this has been a ton of work. It's prompted me to start doing my "Swedish death cleaning" once we're through with this and have had a few weeks to do other things (and rest!). Maybe this spring..

classes start tomorrow. My Milwaukee one is online, so that won't be a problem, but my Madison one is in person, and we're supposed to get snow and freezing rain. I hope they're wrong.

QOTD: either barefoot or with socks. We never wear shoes in the house.

here's what I ate today:

coffee with half & half

protein pumpkin muffin

protein shake

2 light cheese sticks

"Lesser Evil" popcorn (3 cups)

1/2 a Beyond Burger on 1/2 a bun with some kind of burger sauce and tomato slices

small sweet potato with 2 t whipped butter and Swerve brown "sugar"

"sundae" - yogurt, unsweetened cocoa powder, Cool Whip, and fresh raspberries

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 293 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 219 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 146 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?