What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/22/24 3:01 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning Sharks. Let's make it a great Monday.

Ok, here is a little job search update.

• Job #1 - Not too exciting, low pay, nearby. Already gave me an offer and I have to give them an answer by EOD. Argh!
  • Job #2 - The one I want, good pay, hybrid (2 days will be a crappy commute, but 3 days WFH). I have already had 2 great interviews. Final interview is a presentation which I am giving to the team on Thursday.
  • Job #3 - I don't know much about it yet, except that a former boss of mine is the Exec Director of the organization and I loved working for her, so it's promising. First interview is this morning.

Today I need to clean up from yesterday's cookie class, prep for the interview, work on Thursday's presentation, and figure out what the hell to say to Job #1.

QOTD: What do you wear on your feet around the house? I don't like bare feet, and I don't like socks, and I don't currently have any slippers I like. So picky, right? I usually throw on some flats to walk around, but recently I realized that sneakers are better on my knee, so I have been putting on my slip on Kizziks lately and I think it's helping my knee.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • street tacos
  • beef & bleu cheese salad
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/22/24 3:33 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! QJB, that's great news on the job front, wishing you much success in the presentation and the interviews! Things are moving fast now :o)

Yesterday was special... I had pizza, two slices, and it went downhill from there. It was as if my insulin did nothing at all. My blood sugar didn't spike it stayed elevated for hours even though I had nothing to eat in those two hours. I had one big and long hot flash type event. Thankfully my brother took all the pizza home. I really can't wait for my appointment with my PCP to get this under control. I'm tired of feeling this way if I eat any food that has more than 5 carbs.

I watched my first full football game in years, much to my chagrin. At least the lions did win. I wish I could've seen the Chiefs game as I saw a clip of Jason Kielce rip off his shirt then chug a beer after Travis made a touchdown. It was so funny to me for some reason. The fans booed him so much since they were in Buffalo. I would've been happy with either of those teams winning. I have to say though I am rooting for the Lions to make it all the way the most.

I have an appointment with my peer support friend today and we'll go to the grocery store. Wooo an exciting life I do not lead.

QOTD: either bare of socked feet. I am supposed to wear slippers at least but I hate wearing shoes.

B: eggs, 2 tbs potatoes O'Brien, cheese and a low carb tortilla

L: Mediterranean tuna salad and ???

D: broccoli soup

S: nuts, cheese and cucumber.

meme(most of my blocked list on FB is blood related family...LOL) and a necklace I finished for my cousins daughter. It's a knighting chain for amptgard.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/22/24 5:41 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I hope your peer support session is good. Do you see your PCP soon? Can you go protein only until then?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 1/22/24 5:48 am - Amarillo, TX

I see him Friday. I think I'll have to do mostly protein. I have some premier protein shakes and meat & fish. Need to get some more cheese.

thanks!

Grim_Traveller
on 1/22/24 7:02 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Get a nice ham. Last you all week.

Make sure your PCP refers you to an endo. You really need one.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 1/23/24 12:01 am - Amarillo, TX

We had a big ham in our cart but then remembered our oven is out of commission. So I got some ham steaks! I need to cut them up into stick like shapes for snacking. I also got 3 pounds of ground beef, weighed out 3oz portions and cooked em. Now I have plenary of protein to eat. Thankfully we'll be able to order the part for the oven this week...I really have been craving a nice ham and they are very reasonable here lately.

I agree about the endo. With hot flash type events, my under active thyroid and the diabetes it will really be a good thing. Hopefully one here in town will accept Medicaid. it's hard to get my pcp to do the right bloodwork. My bariatric surgeons office seems to have washed their hands of me so I need to be able to stay on top of it.

Grim_Traveller
on 1/23/24 6:25 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I usually get the spiral sliced hams, and those are precooked. No oven needed. When I open one, I put it directly into a big Tupperware container. I'll take out what I want and usually just warm it in the microwave. Sometimes I'll pop it in the airfryer instead.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Greateight
on 1/22/24 4:25 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Congratulations ops the job front QJB. It sounds encouraging that you will be able to have choices.

The last Colorado School of Mines bill was paid yesterday. That is such a good feeling for today. Twenty semesters down and just four more to go. And hopefully, some jobs !

Saturday I got off my butt and finally did a post-holiday weight in. At my Endocrinologist appointment in October I was 213 and she told me not to lose any more weight. Saturday, I was 218. So, I'm trying to lose the 5 holiday pounds now. The CrossFit Open starts February 29th, so I will try and be back at 213 by then. Nothing too dramatic planned at this point, just weekly weigh ins and trying to knock off the worst of the sweets and processed foods. Marilyn making tollhouse cookies last night wasn't a great start, probably.

We were supposed to have a wintry mix today, but looking out the window, it looks like it went straight to rain maybe. It will be nice to warm up after the really cold two weeks that we have had.

Can you believe that we haven't had the Raclette yet? This week.

QOTD: Almost always bare feet. I am also supposed to wear slippers, but generally don't.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: catered

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 1/22/24 7:58 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

At least they were toll house and not the crumble 8oz cookies I made for next weekend's event.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 1/22/24 8:23 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Licking the screen, as usual.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 121 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?