What's up for your Sunday?

Melody P.
on 2/4/24 4:49 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning y'all!

Not much happening today for me. I slept like caca so I'm hoping for time to lay down and at least rest a bit. I got hardly anything accomplished yesterday that I had planned on. I just didn't feel all to great.

Today I need to chainmaille some more. I vacuumed yesterday and I might clean the bathroom today or tomorrow.

QOTD: I'm looking for lower carb higher protein things to keep around. what is your suggestions?

I found some awesome protein snack bars that only have 100 or so calories and less than 10 carbs. I plan on buying a box when I have the money. They are from gourmet genius, they are the crispy ones. Think kind of like rice crispy treats but without the guilt.

B: boiled eggs, 1/4 cup cheese, 4 ritz crackers and some cilantro lime sauce. Of course coffee x 2

L: chicken fajitas with a low carb tortilla, cheese and maybe sour cream

D: I'm thinking a PP cookie dough shake

S: raspberries, protein crispy bar and maybe a cheese stick

Dcgirl
on 2/4/24 6:26 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Mel,

I don't like bars or shakes. The times I eat the most healthfully are when I make a 4-5 day meal plan, shop for those items, and stick to the plan. Every thing I make has to last 2-3 meals so I don't feel like I am just constantly prepping and cooking. An example week would be:

day 1 b: eggs and cottage cheese

day 1 l: ground turkey seasoned with Mexican spices and with cheese and a little sour cream

day 1 d: impossible burger

day 2 b: same

day 2 l: same ground turkey but with Italian seasoning and ricotta cheese

day 2 d: chicken shawarma in crockpot with hummus and tatziki

day 3 b: eggs

day 3 l: a frozen Trader Joe's Indian meal

Day 3 d: leftover crockpot chicken this time in a pita

day 4 b: (sick of eggs by now) cheese and olives

day 4 l: last of the shawarma chicken on a salad with pita chips

day 4 d: frozen wontons in broth

if I don't have a plan and make my grocery list accordingly, I fall face first into a pizza. I don't know if this is helpful and I know all kinds of plans work for people (I'm especially intrigued by Amy's 800 calories and 80 g of protein plan!) but it's what works for me. I also live in a house with people who eat other things (the kids would live off of mac and cheese and chicken nuggets if they could!) so it's important for me to have my plan and others can eat their food too.

Melody P.
on 2/5/24 12:28 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! It does help. I know what I need to do and have done self wallowing for far too long. Time to put on my big girl panties...no one else will do the healthy eating for me! Planning is the key for me too.

I've been very proud of myself with the candy my mom bought after Christmas. A bunch of Lindt candy. I haven't had a single one of them. I need to build on that a step at a time.

wendygail
on 2/4/24 7:01 am - Live Oak, FL
Good Morning Mel!

Not much going on here today. It's raining on and off here today. Suppose to get cold again. Thinking about just having a lazy day. I took a bag of chicken tenderloins out of the freezer this morning. Gotta figure out how I'm cooking them and what sides. Ya'll have a great Sunday!!
 It's a great day to be alive.        
Melody P.
on 2/5/24 12:30 am - Amarillo, TX

Great to see you join in! Weekends are kind of slow but please join in on week days too!

catwoman7
on 2/4/24 7:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well yesterday I hated this new Garmin watch because it seems ridiculously complicated (at one point I had to do a factory reset after watching a tutorial because the screen was so dim I could barely read it and I couldn't figure out how to make it brighter again), but this morning I fired up my laptop, which involves using a security system (clicking on "approve", when prompted, on my phone) because my home page involves logging in to the university's web site. I realized I could do the approval from this watch! No more searching around for my phone in the morning! Hallelujah. My life has changed! So I'm feeling positive about the thing at the moment. I think once I get over the learning curve, I should be fine.

we're going over to MIL's yet again today, but probably only for three or four hours. A friend of a friend gave us her tickets to the hockey game today. DH didn't want to go because we still have work to do at MIL's, but we need the break. Yesterday we broke out in a spat which we almost never do, and I think it's just that we've both been so stressed out. It'll be good to get mentally away from it for a couple of hours.

QOTD: I won't be of much help here because my clinic didn't require a low-carb diet (just a balanced diet), and carbs don't really affect me like they do a lot of people. Although if I were doing one, I'd focus on meat, cheese, eggs, yogurt...

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with cranberry sauce

protein shake

may have some multigrain tortilla chips and hummus before we go to the game, because I'm pretty sure DH will get popcorn while we're there, and I need to keep my hands out of it!!

I have no clue what we'll do for dinner. I may just have yogurt again. My weight is still up, and I really need to watch it the next few days

have a great Sunday, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 2/5/24 12:36 am - Amarillo, TX

I just got an inexpensive No brand smar****ch, when I am able I'll get a different one. I am trying to save up for an older iPhone for tracfone. I doubt I'd be able to get an Apple Watch but maybe a less expensive name brand.

I wish carbs didn't make me sick. It's gotten better with the insulin shots but I can't eat oatmeal, beans and the sort. Hoping one day I can have oatmeal occasionally.

Amy Liz
on 2/4/24 8:06 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning - We finally got all the rain they been forecasting - all night long and all day today and the wind is nuts! No dog walk today unless it lets up. My son might come over and we may run errands, though I'd rather not. I'd rather hunker down with a fire, putz around the house and do laundry. I am caught up on True Detective - it's really good. Trying to think of a rainy day crockpot dish to throw together, but we have so many leftovers that is not happening.

QOTD -Not a fan of bars or shakes, but some of the savory protein crackers and chips are good, but expensive. I like to have on hand: beef jerky, cottage cheese, yogurt, string cheese, deli ham and turkey, turkey pepperoni, HB eggs, rotisserie chicken, pre cooked cut up chicken breast are all good grab and go things.

Accountability - great, 186.0 today! We walked the dogs yesterday which is really not exercise, but it is movement. A 30 minute, stop and sniff, doggy mile. Not sure about today. I may do some yoga and if bored, treadmill.

B- coffee x 4, yogurt w/mixed berries

l - cottage cheese w/cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, peppers

d - tri tip tacos

s - beef jerky

831/77

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Melody P.
on 2/5/24 12:37 am - Amarillo, TX

Hoping all of you in California stay safe that are in the path of these storms!

Most Active
Recent Topics