What's on your Monday Menu?

Emiepie
on 2/5/24 6:47 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you are feeling better, rest and hydrate.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Emiepie
on 2/5/24 5:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I hope everyone is ready for a new week. Bummer on truck day! I can't imagine having to make so much icing but your colorful bags always are so pretty to look at. My weekend was pretty uneventful, spent Friday evening with Em and her BF, worked from home for a few hours Saturday and yesterday was a pedicure and prep for the week.

QOTD: Right after surgery I had to make sure I ate on a schedule to make sure I spaced out my vitamins and had the ability for the 30/30/30 water rule so I think I didn't leave room/time to feel hunger. Now, I've conditioned my body with a schedule and if I stray too far from that I do feel hunger.

TSS: 9 years 5 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Good Spoon cereal, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Turkey burger, keto hamburger bun, thin sliced Swiss cheese, 1/2 wholly guacamole serving, green beans, banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1407 Protein:117 Carbs:139 Fat:54

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 2/5/24 6:16 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Monday,

It's another day back at the salt mines.

Weekend highlight - Book club. We barely discussed the book but had amazing conversation about the rest of life.

Truck day sounds like so much fun. At the Fed ex forum n Memphis, I saw a small group by a random curbside tunnel. I realized they were waiting for autographs from the Grizzlies'' players as they went home. It brought back lots of special childhood memories with my Dad and the Cubs and Bulls.

QOTD- The only change is false hunger for unhealthy foods. I think I need to eat junk so the world can be saved. I'm ok during the day usually. Nighttime is another ballgame. I eat cause I'm bored. I eat because it's there. I eat because I'm discontent, I'm exhausted, I'm sad, I'm happy, etc, and finally, I may be a little hungry.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Creme Brulee yogurt, tangerine.

L: Salad with chicken.

D: BBQ gumbo, cauliflower.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 235 Surgery: 8/9/21. 20lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

catwoman7
on 2/5/24 6:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm super stressed out again this morning after reading the WaPo - Trump and the House GOP. I need to remember my late friend Bob's advice to me whenever I got like this - "stop stressing about things you can't do anything about - you're making yourself sick over something you have no control over". Well, true. I should probably go to water aerobics or out for a walk to work this off. There's also a new line dancing class at the gym that could be fun - although that's not until 1:00. I need to do something long before that. I hate feeling like this..

my day is free so I'll run a few errands and start unpacking and putting away some of the stuff we've brought over from MIL's apt. Otherwise I can see it sitting in plastic bins in our basement family room forever (for years it's been more of a storage room - but hopefully it won't be after we move some of her furniture in there)

QOTD: my hunger came back about five months after surgery, and I wi**** never had. It was so liberating to never be hungry and to not give a flip about food for once in my life! Now, I tend to eat when I'm bored (in addition to when I'm hungry). Staying busy seems to be the key, since when I'm really busy, I usually only think about food when I'm actually hungry. A few weeks ago I thought of taking a stack of index cards and writing one activity on each card - then when I think I'm hungry (but am really just bored), I can go through the stack to see if there's some activity that jumps out at me that might be fun to do. That's something else I could do today - start working on a stack of "activity" cards...

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

protein shake

multigrain tortilla chips with hummus

Ratio yogurt

I'm going to make either hot & sour soup or celeriac soup today, so that for dinner - plus a thin slice of Danish rye bread with butter and cloudberry jam

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 2/5/24 7:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

How was the wine tasting?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 2/5/24 7:54 am
RNY on 06/03/15

it went really well!! We'll be meeting again the first Friday in April (the group decided to do it every other month). We had 10 people and five wines - which was perfect - too many appetizers, though....

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 2/5/24 12:19 pm, edited 2/5/24 4:20 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You had mentioned that solos were bringing apps and couples were bringing apps and wine, maybe the couples just bring wine in April?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 2/5/24 7:14 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

The Meme is awesome. Glad you had a low-key weekend. Friday was what's entertaining you now adays and that question came I day too early. TikTok had me stumble on a movie on Netflix that you must stop everything to go watch. This was the best movie I had seen in years. I laughed I cried I fell in love. You guys all know my level of reading and I am not a big reader. This was a subtitled movie but about 10 minutes in I believe I understood Turkish. The name of the movie is Miracle in Cell #7. If you have seen it let me know. If you watch it, you can thank me. I never push movies, but this was great.

Weekend was good. I did all the exercise, and I did go for a 3.1 mile walk yesterday. It was too cold to go this morning and I didn't want to get out of bed. Today is probable a rest day. I have a hair appointment tonight so I will have no time. I am hosting a Superbowl party, and I want to get some meatballs made and put in the freezer for my meat pot. I am not doing braciole though since I am also having smoke brisket.

QOTD: Head hunger is as strong now as it was pre surgery. Food is still always on my mind. I can resist and replace with healthier options better than before but I can't turn off the sound of food.

Accountability: I lack hydration on the weekends. I wish I could do better.

TSS: 6 years 1-months 23-days 161 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF coffee mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: L&F tiramisu Greek yogurt, berries.

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: Mississippi pot roast and snack selects

D: Shelia's Nonie's Meatloaf and roasted Cauliflower.

Exercise: dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great week my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 2/5/24 6:51 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Great job on getting all the exercise done. Proud of you.

Julia S.
on 2/5/24 7:45 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- The hunger was totally gone after surgery. Now it's more I feel weak like I need to eat, but not true hunger. I've pretty much stay on a schedule. I do know that I get grumpy when it's been too long since I've eaten.

I feel that meme, it's been 16 days and I weigh exactly the same. Still no alcohol. I also have substituted fruit for the salty pretzels or chips I used to eat.

I finally made it to The Boys In The Boat. It was good, the book was way more detailed. There was popcorn and milk duds. My popcorn and drink were actually free due to my birthday. So the whole movie cost me 50 cents. It wasn't my favorite theater, no recliners and the seats weren't that comfortable, and my legs were freezing. It was the only theater that was nearby that was showing this movie. I also ended up with a metal popcorn tub that has Saw X on it, I never could watch those movies.

I miss football. But I'm not going to watch the Super Bowl. I don't like either team, especially KC. The only thing that interests me is the commercial with Jason Mamoa with a imitation of the Flash Dance water scene.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 381 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 575 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 294 views
Recent Topics