What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Julia S.
on 2/13/24 7:32 am, edited 2/12/24 11:34 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I found something horrible at Costco. It's a chocolate coated chocolate mousse made in Belgium. I put it down and walked away, but came back and bought one. Talk about sugar overload, but it was so good. There are 6 to a package and I froze them so I hopefully won't be eating another one soon. I shared it with my roommate and his friend, but still managed to eat most of it. Beware!

I've discovered that there truly isn't enough time to read all of the books that I would like to. I realize how many I have missed and would now like to read. How do you balance that? I can't spend my life just reading as much as I would like to. I have discovered that I'm not as well read as I thought. How could I have missed so many books and great authors?

Enough ramblings, I need to get to work. I didn't really have an answer for the QOTD, I guess that they weren't very memorable.

Have a great day everyone!

I forgot to mention that my violets are blooming, love the sweet scent. My flowering plum? tree is blooming too. Pretty little pink blossoms. Maybe it is spring or at least the flowers are convinced.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 2/13/24 8:20 am - Warren, OH

My friend had a meme on Facebook today that said you need to set aside time for reading and it suggested 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM. Sometimes I would like to do that. Almost all of my reading now is on the Kindle, but sometimes it is fun to just read a real book.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 2/13/24 9:17 am
RNY on 06/03/15

re: discovering you aren't as well read as you thought - as the saying goes, the more you know, the more you realize you don't know!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 2/13/24 10:18 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Eh, so many "classics" are crap. Read what you enjoy, watch what you enjoy and don't worry about FOMO, just enjoy. When you try to read what people think you "should" you make it a chore instead of a delight...and one person's should is someone else's "not on a bet"

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Julia S.
on 2/13/24 11:42 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I honestly only read something if it interests me. If I can't get into after the first 5-10 minutes I dump it. Life is way too short to read stuff you don't want to. Neil Gaimans book just gave me ideas for new authors that I haven't discovered, they may or may not work out but at least it is someone new to me. I'm always looking for books...

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Partlypollyanna
on 2/13/24 12:28 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Two I will recommend

Robin Hobb's farseer books

mark Lawrence Nona books

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 2/13/24 2:01 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

One of the perks of cookie decorating was being able to sit still and listen to audiobooks for 12 hours straight! I am really going to miss that!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Greateight
on 2/13/24 7:36 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Today I am venturing back to the gym. I haven't been since Saturday the third of February, so 10 days. But i think that i am mostly over my cold. I will do the scaled workouts today and tomorrow, before getting all the way back to RX on Friday. Marilyn may be getting a bit of my cold as well, hopefully, not to the extent that I had it. Also, my Chicago Triathlon T-shirt and hat arrived via mail last week, which was a reminder that I need to get off of my butt and start training for that.

I particular, what I need to do is start swimming. There is a Globo Gym near us that has a pool and only $25 or $45 a month. I'm thinking about joining for a few months, just to swim. Not sure if they offer Dodgeball.

Since she was a bit under the weather yesterday, Marilyn went into friendship bracelet production mode for the Taylor Swift concert that she and DD are attending in June. I got a picture of the production line, but she has about 9 bracelets completed so far. I'm not sure what the proper number of bracelets to bring to the concert is, but I think that people trade them.

Speaking of Marilyn, she has a friend that decorates cookies. I asked Marilyn if her friend had heard of the adult Valentines cookie trade. Let's just say that our discussion didn't go well. Despite my explanations, QJB, I think she fears for your life as you try to peddle X-rated baked goods to random perverts behind truck stops. Sorry about that.

QOTD: I'm sure that it was sometime when the kids were little and brought cute things home from school, but really, I've got nothing.

breakfast: bagel

Lunch: Roast beef

Dinner: Chicken

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Queen JB
on 2/13/24 3:42 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Know your audience! Mine like penis cookies and I'm cool with it, lol. Money is green no matter where it comes from.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Lisa91941
on 2/13/24 8:09 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! I've got no formal plans today so I am trying to get myself to the gym. At this point, I need to wait until I eat or I'll be crying on the treadmill and nobody needs to see that.

I did great on foods yesterday. Very shy of fluids. Need to push more water today. Got in 3 miles on my walk and 12 flights of stairs. Other than that I painted a little, did a little more work on my bathroom remodel side gig and read. The day flew by.

QoTD: back around 2005, Roger and I came home from work and I had a small roast and veggie dish pulled out to cook and enjoy with a bottle of wine. As is my usual thing, I put it on the counter to bring them temp us some before cooking and then we went to the gym. Home an hour later, and there was NO roast or veggies to be found. My chocolate Lab helped himself to the whole thing. We were laughing with our neighbors about it and they invited us to join them for dinner. It was a great dinner, but also the first time we got to really hang out with them. Great memory and they are great friends.

Bites today

B: egg, TJ's chicken sausage patty and 1 hash brown patty

L: leftover egg roll in a bowl

D: aiming for edamame pasta and sausage.

Peace Everybody

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?