What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

ladygodiva1228
on 3/8/24 8:42 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Happy Friday!!! Boy oh boy was OH wonky this morning.

Not much planned for the weekend. We might go to Aces Defense and look for a .22 pistol. We have a .22LR rifle, .38 revolver, and a 12guage shotgun, but those three can be a pain to use when hunting rats. There always seems to be a rat or two that just won't go in the trap. Pest control on a farm is never ending.

QOTD: Heck yea I do and have been for ever it seems. I would recommend getting some well started herb plants from a local greenhouse. I have found that Sage and Dill can really take over a planter so I would recommend one type of herb per planter. Some people will put certain herbs together, but I personally prefer them to have separate containers. All herbs can be dried also for longer use. I have mason jars full of all sorts of different herbs that I dried two years ago. I think one of my favorite herbs is Lemon Thyme. I use it every single week when I make my baked fish, but it is also really good on chicken.

Accountability: Things continue to move in the right direction. We had carrot cake, cheesecake and specialty brownies here at work yesterday and I had zero desire to have even a taste. That's a huge win in my book.

B: coffee with raw milk

L: 2 eggs with a slice of ham and cheese

D: baked fish and broccoli

ex. treadmill

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

White Dove
on 3/8/24 9:11 am - Warren, OH

I have been wondering about lemon thyme and you inspired me to plant some. Just a planter on my front porch but I love lemon and love thyme so it sounds like something I will enjoy. I can't wait until it is really spring.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

ladygodiva1228
on 3/8/24 9:56 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

You'll love it. The smell is amazing as is the taste. I accidentally stumbled upon it at a local greenhouse when I was there for a beekeeping class. The only herb I ever have issues with is Rosemary, but I still get some each year.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

White Dove
on 3/8/24 9:21 am - Warren, OH

I have had many gardens through the years. Sometimes really big ones, but the weeds need constant attention, and the gardens did get smaller every year. I had lots of flowers and loved planting and taking care of them. I was out every morning weeding and deadheading and my flowers were showpieces.

Last summer I put some planters on the front porch with basil, parsley and thyme. They did great and lasted until it got really cold. I am getting ready to start my indoor hydroponic garden. I always wanted an Aerogarden and have given them as gifts but never got one for myself. When I went to order it on Amazon, I found a knockoff called Ahopegarden that was $40. The similar Aerogarden is about $120, so I bought the knockoff.

I am going to plant this weekend. The seeds need to soak in water for a day before being planted. I am growing some herbs and dwarf cherry tomatoes and will have fun watching them grow.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Julia S.
on 3/8/24 10:29 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I already have some of my plants coming up in the pots I just planted. I have a small raised bed areas that I will plant, just need to keep the squirrels out. We have some fencing we are going to try this year.

My software at work has been giving me grief. It finally quit giving me Oracle errors so I need to get my job out while it is working.

None of the Reese's ended up coming my way. But who knew there was a Hersey's factory in Layton Utah?

I've got an Instacart order heading my Moms way today between 12-2 I put in the delivery directions to please bring the kitty litter in the house as my Mother is in a wheelchair. We'll see how it goes. I also gave them her phone #. Fingers crossed.

I was thinking of heading to the beach if they couldn't get the software issue resolved, but unfortunately they did. There wasn't supposed to be any rain, and tomorrow it will rain. I need some beach time even if it is raining. Plus smoked salmon, I can't really justify ordering 5lbs of it, so if I go there I can get just a couple of pieces.

I'd better get back to work.

Have a great Friday everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
Recent Topics