What's on your Monday Menu?

catwoman7
on 3/11/24 10:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

G'afternoon, All!

I went to a presentation this morning because one of my friends was the presenter. It was actually pretty interesting - it was on bumble bees. She's a huge fan of bumble bees and is on a couple of bumble bee committees or whatever - people who are trying to save bumble bees, basically. I guess I should start doing my part (planting some native flowers in our yard and not using pesticides is a great start...(although we don't use pesticides)). We should be able to handle that...

I'll be going over to Buddy the cat's house for the last time this afternoon (boo!) - his "parents" are coming home tonight. He's a great cat and it's been fun spending time with him. I'll also go out walking sometime today given the warm weather (65-ish). I'd love to bike, but it's too windy. Maybe tomorrow.

QOTD: any art museum that holds a lot of early 20th century paintings. The Holocaust museum in DC. And Kelly reminded me of presidential museums. We've been to the FDR, JFK, and LBJ museums (oh! And the Gerald Ford museum) and really liked them all. We also went to the Rutherford B Hayes house once while driving through Ohio. I wouldn't put it in the same category as the ones I mentioned, but I learned some things about Rutherford B Hayes, at least (I knew zero about him before that). Oh - and the British Library - I could have spent all day looking at the medieval illuminated manuscripts!

B: coffee with half & half, plain skyr with cranberry/cherry compote, thin piece of Danish rye bread with butter and lingonberry jam

L: six Triscuits with tuna salad, L&F yogurt

MS: I'll probably need a protein shake since I still have a way to go..

D: bagged salad, the 1/2 veggie burger I keep putting on my menu but still haven't eaten

enjoy the rest of your day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Julia S.
on 3/11/24 12:43 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- The Holocaust Museum, but it's also one of the hardest things to see.

My big outing of the weekend was going to Ikea. I was actually good, I only bought what I went there for and no cinnamon rolls or candles found their way into my bag.

I'm really disappointed in Amazon, I had ordered a twin duvet cover for my roommate. What came instead was twin sheets, no I didn't order the wrong thing they sent me the wrong thing. That's why I ended up going to Ikea. He didn't have time to stop so it didn't really matter that they sent the wrong thing. But now they have changed how you return things, I used to go to Whole Foods and now it's either Staples or a UPS Store. I have no idea where there is a Staples and all of the UPS Stores near me were not open on Sunday. I'll go today after work.

I was also disappointed in TJ's the store was jam packed, and they didn't have the only thing I went there for. I was having a minor anxiety attack due to the amount of people and how difficult it was to maneuver. I almost just walked out, but I had a freesia plant and raspberries in my cart so I bought them and fled the store. Also the checkout person told me where the item I was looking for was, I went through 4 times and they just weren't there. Not sure why I went back in but it was a nightmare. That is why I love Instacart, but you can't get anything from Winco or TJ's.

I need to get back to work.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Sheila_H
on 3/11/24 12:58 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

The amount of stuff you do for your roommate is just unbelievable. I hope he appreciates it. I'd do all the stuff you do for my son, because I'm his mom, but a roommate? Adult and independent, he should be doing his stuff no matter the time constraint. He should also learn to manage his time better.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 3/11/24 1:02 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm surprised that you can't go to Whole Foods anymore. Here they are trying to get more returns to Whole Foods, I think because they own them. If the Whole Foods is closer to you then the other options, they are charging a $1 for you to return to those places but if one of those options is closer than Whole Foods, they let you continue to return no charge

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Queen JB
on 3/11/24 4:19 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Ordering and returning sheets feel like the job of a fiancé! I'd give up the hobby of taking care of him, fast. He doesn't seem to appreciate it!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 23 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views