What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 3/27/24 2:32 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day! Uh-oh I got both Wordle and Connections on the last try this morning. I hope that's not a harbinger of the day because it's going to be a long one. I have a work event that goes past my bedtime, haha. I hope it's fun--it's a fancy dinner. and schmoozy event. I don't really know anyone yet, so I hope it's not too awkward.

I got a lot done yesterday. Work was productive, and I baked about 50 cookies before work started, and bagged up colored icing on my lunch hour. I also got through two episodes of Love is Blind on the treadmill. DCGirl promises I will like these people, but so far I just like one woman (from Boston!) and I want her to run outta there.

QOTD: From the time your alarm goes off until you are ready to walk out the door, how long do you need to be ready (dressed caffeinated, etc.)? I technically could do it in under 30 minutes but the older I get, the more time I want. I really value my time to do the puzzles, drink coffee, write this post, watch the morning news, eat breakfast, pack lunch, shower, dress, make up, etc. I take my time and would rather get up early to have a leisurely morning than get more sleep.

Accountability: I didn't eat most of the things I posted but it wasn't bad--I just forgot about all the HungryRoot meals that I needed to eat before they went bad.

• protein coffee
  • egg bites
  • caesar salad with chicken
  • balanced break
  • ??? no idea what this dinner will be
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 3/27/24 2:42 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy mid week!

qotd - 30 minutes, if I need to, but that's from wake up to the doorway, I can count the number of times I wake up to the alarm in a year on both hands and still have fingers left over. That does require having laid out my clothes the night before and also packed my lunch and work backpack and that I'm not working out that morning. So it's wake, coffee, shower, go.

nothing exciting today just 6 to 330 back to back half hour meetings..:.yay? But I will get in a workout, do the last of my cool down workouts for the month before work and maybe something after work.

menu

coffee plus half and half x3

skyr

pb English muffin

leftover turkey breast and potatoes

1/4 pistachio cookie (I overestimated how much I could eat of this, lol, it's a 4 day treat). I have put the other ones in the freezer and one in the fridge for next week.

have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 3/27/24 3:05 am - Amarillo, TX

Morning y'all! QJB, hope the event is a fun one!

Not a whole lot that has to happen today. We need groceries and my mom gets her SS today so we'll do that.

I am the master of hurting myself in the dumbest way possible. Yesterday evening I stepped on Frankie's raised food dish stand(it's metal with a wood plank on top)...stepped on the bottom bar then reacted weirdly and the it slammed into the top of my foot since I reacted so violently. Not to mention awkwardly. Then the foot came back down and didn't clear it so it scrapped the front of my shin. Honestly I don't even know how I did this but my foot is now really sore.

Mind you this happened to the foot I likely broke(no insurance at the time of the event) when I was a young "adult". How'd I do it then? Well I dropped an entire frozen brisket on it. Some day I'll laugh about the food dish holder as I do about the brisket. The foot is pretty sore. Nothing broken just bruised I think.

at my appointment yesterday some chick lost it. Screaming and cussing at the office staff. Saying it was none of their concern if she did illicit drugs(mind you this is a mental health clinic so it does concern them...most meds don't mix well with drugs and large amounts of alcohol). My blood pressure was 148 over 80 right after so it stressed us all out. And I swear the machines they use are older than me to take it.

QOTD: it depends on what's happening. If I wash my hair it's about an hour so it can dry some. If not(I do every other day to wash my hair) it's 30 minutes.

B: eggs, cheese, salting crackers and Caesar dressing + coffee x2

L: chili and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Maybe sour cream if I remember it at Walmarts.

D: salad with 3ozs boneless chicken bites and more Caesar dressing and maybe a hard boiled egg

S: PP pancakes with LS strawberry preserves and ????

I freaked out over my weight at the clinic. It's was q9 pounds heavier than my weight at home 4 days ago. This morning it was actually 2.6 pounds LIGHTER than my last weigh in at home. Geez.

Dcgirl
on 3/27/24 3:42 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning! Oooh fun schmoozy work event! I had one of those Monday - we did a boat cruise on the Potomac. It was very cute - one of my colleagues who was here from Minneapolis pronounced it like it's synonymous with Dominic (if that makes sense!). Sort of like "pod-ih-mick". It's cherry blossom time so absolutely gorgeous in DC.

Today is day 6 in a 6 day streak of jazzercise classes! The best hour of my day!

QOTD: I wake up at 7:09 when I have to leave for the gym at 7:29. That gives me time to get dressed, feed the meowing pitiful cat who acts like she's starving, make a coffee, and fill up my water bottle with water and ice. On days where I shower but don't wash hair, I need about 30 mins. Maybe 40 for hair-washing and blow-drying. I definitely don't get up and lounge. I drink my coffee while starting my day on my computer.

I hit up Costco yesterday and got a rotisserie chicken, crab meat (dang those prices!) and smoked salmon trio. And gas. And a bunch of other stuff, because, Costco! I used my $88 that is 2% cash back from having an executive membership (it would have been much more except I frequently Instacart it and don't earn cash back). If anyone can reverse engineer how much I spent at Costco in 12 months to equal 2% of that is $88, I'm curious. Unless it's horrifying, then don't tell me!

B: smoked salmon

L: rotisserie chicken in a tortilla with cheese and sour cream

I am going to try to do a fake IF (not going without cream in my coffee, is that even living??) and eat twice a day. At 11 and 5. I've plateaued a bit with the wegovy and still have a ways to go!

Emiepie
on 3/27/24 5:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great job on the streak! And, you are a 9'er?!? I couldn't do it I have to be 5 or 0. My BIL is a 7'er.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 3/27/24 6:17 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I thought you were talking about 49ers and was thinking DC girl is from DC, why would she root for the 9ers???

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Dcgirl
on 3/27/24 6:28 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

My alarm just has to be set to an odd number - I have no idea why! My friend once saw my list of alarms and almost fell over. They're in a list like: 5:41, 6:17, 7:09 etc. We compared lists and her were all :00, :15, :30, :45. Hilarious!

Partlypollyanna
on 3/27/24 6:31 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That is too funny.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 3/27/24 6:15 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

1) great workout streak.
2) I noticed the crab prices too. DH makes a mean crab ceviche that I love but the prices keep going up.
3) I agree with you about IF and having cream in your coffee. They call it dirty fasting. And you can even have snack between your lunch and dinner. I think the secret is not having anything after your dinner.
4) I was thinking of you this weekend listening to Sanjay Gupta and his podcast. The last 5-6 episodes are about these medications, and even some compounds, and he talks to some genetics that have very interesting views. If you get a chance, listen to him.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Dcgirl
on 3/27/24 6:31 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks, I'm pretty proud of my streak! But I was definitely lower energy today. I'm exhausted. I need a break!

Yeahhhh I didn't buy the jumbo lump crab, just the cheapy kind and I swear it's gone up by 50%. I'll do some crab cakes and since I'm the only one who will eat them, they're mine, ALL MINE!

Thanks for the podcast reco. I'll definitely listen in. The way they work is fascinating. And they do work! It's amazing. I wish all of us could benefit from them but they're expensive (my insurance won't cover it). I'm doing a compounded version through a doctors practice since I can't afford $1,300 a month.

Most Active
Recent Topics