Happy Sunday-funday! What's on the menu today?

Amy Liz
on 3/31/24 5:44 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Happy Easter!! Yesterday was lovely and relaxing - caught up on all the things and did the laundry. This weather is nuts lately. It stormed all evening and night after a semi-sunny yet cloudy day. Hoping today is nicer since we are celebrating Easter at my sisters, mid-remodel and the plan was to use her outdoor kitchen and beautiful backyard for the gathering. It says no rain, but who believes that anymore? Plan B are tables set up in the gutted living/kitchen area. This is her favorite holiday to host, so she insisted. Should be fun no matter what with this group of 20+. My cake came out amazing - the batter alone would have been worthy to serve. I will frost this morning and decorate half with coconut and all orange and green jelly beans or orange and green mini eggs. Can't wait to taste the finished product after brunch, which I'm now told may be upgraded to an omelet bar? Yum. Otherwise, I want to watch more Shogun and head to my sisters around 12.

QOTD - Do you have a plan for holiday/special occasion eating? Are you strict? Do you pick carefully or give yourself permission to enjoy? I'm learning to choose my worthy bites. So many things are just not worth it - seriously!! I've wasted so many calories on unworthy bites. Not anymore. The best bites today only, with a small piece of carrot cake. Better yet, I'll share a small piece with Rob. Wine? If the mood strikes and it probably will. So, I guess I pick carefully and give my self permission to enjoy. Anything else is madness for me.

Accountability - plenty of cake batter tasting and cadbury mini eggs - otherwise good. 184.2 today

B- coffee, TBD

L/D Easter brunch foods - only the worthy bites!

Have a wonderful day!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

White Dove
on 3/31/24 7:07 am - Warren, OH

Your Easter will be great whether indoors or out. It is the people that matter. I give myself permission to eat anything I want whether it is a holiday or any day. Since I changed my mindset and nothing is forbidden, I have lost all cravings. I actually taste food now and it is never quite as good as when it was forbidden. Enjoy everything including the wine. Happy Easter.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 3/31/24 7:21 am
RNY on 11/21/16

100% agree! I allow all foods now. The restricting of carbs only made me want them more, then eat more. I love potatoes and since allowing them, I no longer obsess about them. Same for most foods. Wine is a slippery slope for me, so I limit to special occasions and weekends but I still want a glass or 2 just about everyday.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Lisa91941
on 3/31/24 7:24 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning and Happy Easter. Wow did we have rain yesterday. I kept an eye out the front window in case the Ark came by. We had to run out in it to get a couple things at the grocery store and I came back home completely drenched with squishy socks. But it was very fun. We also watched Poor Things. Very bizarre and you certainly don't want to watch it with your adult (or any age!) children!! And we watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3. As predictable as expected, but it passed a few rainy hours in a mildly pleasing way.

Today I'm making lists for the RV load out Tuesday and just hanging out.

QoTD: I'm making only things I want to eat. I'll be strict with my choices all day so I can have food and wine with dinner and relax with the family. I will only put a little of each on my plate, knowing that if I need more, the kitchen is just 5 steps away and I can go back.

Meals today are

B: fried egg and leftover noodles, veggies and broth from last night. I ate all the shrimp, but the flavor is still there

L: lean cuisine

D: asparagus, goat cheese and honey flat bread as an app. Ham, scalloped potatoes and salad. Hot savory scone. Wine. No dessert.

Peace everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 3/31/24 9:01 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning OH fam,

Happy Sunday, and Easter if there is something about the day that speaks to you.

I had my first OTF class today. The studio is 35 minutes from home so I'm thinking the light membership might do me if I'm so inclined. I'll say that after finishing out the treadmill piece, the neuropathy buuuurned. But it felt so good watching my heart rate and getting splat points. And the instructor has lost over 300 pounds and had skin removal surgery, so something to talk about.

Went shopping and got a few more clearance workout clothes. Will continue cleaning today for my family to come out next week for the eclipse. Bought my tickets for Thailand and booked at least one stay for part of the trip. Looking at a return to the Galapagos with a friend and a more spontaneous trip to Bali soon. I hope.

QOTD- I eat what I want and try to keep it in line with my goals. Just sensible, small portions.

Today is a protein bar to start the day. Chicken. Sweetcorn curry, mango sticky rice, more chicken, yogurt.

Best day to all of you.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5