- Are your bariatric surgery doctors board certified?
- Are the surgeons recognized as experts in the field?
- Are the bariatric surgeons experienced in laparoscopic techniques?
- Does the bariatric surgery program follow established guidelines in patient selection?
- Does the bariatric surgery program offer evaluation and treatment for conditions associated with obesity (e.g., diabetes, high blood pressure and sleep apnea)?
- Is there a dedicated facility and staff for my care?
- Does the program offer support services for psychological needs?
- Does the program offer dedicated registered dieticians?
- Are there a dedicated nursing staff and nurse practitioners for the program?
- Are the radiologists in the bariatric surgery program board certified?
- Are the anesthesiologists in the program board certified?
- Will you work with my primary care doctor to ensure my overall healthcare concerns are addressed?
- Will you work with me to gain insurance approval?
- If I am denied insurance coverage, do you offer payment options?
- Does the program offer support groups following weight-loss surgery?
- Can I have reconstructive surgery here after my weight loss?
- Do you offer accommodations and travel assistance for out-of-town patients?
- Does the program offer translation services for non-English speaking patients?
Next: Visit the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Message Board > >
This information has been provided courtesy of the Cleveland Clinic Bariatric and Metabolic Institute. Please visit the Cleveland Clinic Bariatric and Metabolic Institute.