Recent Posts

Barbara T.
on 6/29/06 8:52 am - KANSAS CITY, MO
Topic: RE: When I am post-op.....
Hi Katrina, My name is Barbara and I love skating, now mind you I haven't skated in about 7 years and can't wait until I can do it again. It was hard on my knees with all this weight so of course I had to stop, I'm 60 years old but still a kid when it comes to skating and yes it really is a good source for exercising It was a real passion of mine and God willing I'll be able to skate again. Have a great time and enjoy yourself on the wheels! Barb T in KC.
KTRNAGAR
on 5/22/05 8:56 pm - Raleigh, NC
Topic: RE: When I am post-op.....
WELL I AM 30 AND HADN'T ROLLERSKATED SINCE I WAS PROBABLY 12 OR 13 BUT LAST YEAR A GIRLFRIEND OF MINE VISITED FROM TEXAS AND SUGGESTED WE GO..I WAS TERRIFIED!!..ALL THOSE PEOPLE WIZZING BY MADE ME REALIZE THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY I WAS MISSING OUT ON..I GAVE IT A TRY AND THEN MADE THE COMMITMENT TO START TAKING MY GOD-CHILDREN TO FAMILY NIGHT SO I COULD GET BACK IN THE SWING OF THINGS..I LOVE IT!! AND YES IT IS A WORKOUT BUT A FUN WORKOUT BECAUSE MUSIC IS PLAYING.GOOD EXERCISE TOO BECAUSE YOUR WHOLE LOWER BODY GETS A WORKOUT AS WELL AS YOUR ARMS..SO GO FOR IT!!!!!! I HAD OPEN RNY 10/8/2003 AND SO FAR 162LBS LOST!!!
Sheryl Tilley
on 4/12/05 7:11 am - Prescott, AZ
Topic: When I am post-op.....
I am going to get back to roller skating for exercise at the local rink at least one day a week. They have a senior time where there aren't any kids flying by -- so I think that would really be cool. Sheryl
ericklein
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
Most Active
Recent Topics