Anyone Else Out There?

TeddysDeb
on 5/1/04 12:00 pm - Chicago Area, IL
I had my surgery in December 2003, and started a program of walking and jogging a month ago. I'm working with a personal trainer, and am up to 20 minutes of 1 minute jog at 4.5 mph and 2 minutes walk at 3.5 mph. I have a goal of finishing a 5k run by the end of this summer. Is there anyone else out there who is learning, or has already learned, to run again? I have this fantasy of getting in good enough shape to, just once in my life, run a marathon. I know that this is a long way in my future, but it is a dream I am striving for. Come keep me company, and we can suport each other! Deb
Christian A.
on 6/7/04 11:29 pm - Keizer, OR
Hi Deb...I am Chris. I have had surgery back in July of 2003 and my weight loss has been slowing down and I still have some more I wish lose. So, I thought I would shake up my exercise routine by jogging a bit. I had always hated running in the past, but now it interests me a bit. I am thinking about going out today after work for a little jog/walk. Sounds like the 1 min. jog and 2 min walk may work for a start for me. Thank you for posting...looks like it just may be the two of us in here -or- maybe others will join if we keep posting. -Chris
T R.
on 6/8/04 2:05 pm
I haven't had surgery yet, but hope to soon. I am still waiting on approval. Anyway, I want to take up running after surgery. Is it hard to start back to exercise after surgery? I think you two have done really well. I wish you both continued success with your journey. Take care
TeddysDeb
on 6/11/04 5:27 am - Chicago Area, IL
Hi Tammy! I honestly didn't find it too hard to get back to exercising after surgery, mostly because I have an activity that I love. I was back riding my horse as soon as my surgeon would let me. Then, as the weight began to come off, I began to really enjoy all kinds of physical activity. I started running at about 3 months post-op, and was shocked at how easily my body accepted it. It was almost like being a kid again, when my body would do what I told it without all the drama. I was becomming addicted when my knee acted up. Hopefully my summer of PT and the eliptical trainer will get me back in running shape soon. Good luck with your surgery. I'll be thinking of you, and keep you in my prayers. Hopefully you will be right here running with us soon! Deb
hotsun
on 6/29/04 4:38 am - New Britain, CT
RNY on 10/06/03 with
Hi everyone! I'm so happy to see people posting here!! I had open rny 10/6/03 and have since lost 134 pounds...and my new addictions are shopping and exercise. I started kickboxing a month ago and I love it. I have always had an obession with running, although I have always been too big to run. I have dreams where I'm like Forest Gump...running, never tiring. Not being chased, or doing the chasing, just running free. So, with that being said, I love the idea of supporting each other, maybe starting a long-distance running club (whatever that may be). To those of you in training for a marathon - you're my inspiration! -Deb
DonnaG
on 12/20/05 3:56 am - evansville, IN
Hey all. I had my surgery on 09/16/04 and have somewhat lost my way. I have lost a total of 111 lbs. No minor feat however, I have at least 40 more to go. Honestly, I need friends who have experienced this before. I am losing my way and I don't want to do that. I stopped taking my vitamins and exercising and I feel like crap. I must get back into my routine. Can anyone support me and I will support them. I would like to have some email buddies that will check in with me a few times a week and I can do that same for them. Just to keep ourselves responsible for what we are or not doing. Thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics