Trying it out!

Christian A.
on 6/10/04 12:20 am - Keizer, OR
I went out yesterday and attempted what Deb the Horse Lady has begun to do. I jogged for 1 min and then walked for 2 mins. I was able to keep it up for only about 25 minutes, but I plan on going out and doing it again today. This with my bike riding and karate will hopefully restart my weight loss...I have been on a plateau for about a month now and I am getting close to my 1 year anniv. from surgery and want to lose more by then. Wish me luck if anyone reads this! -Chris
TeddysDeb
on 6/11/04 5:17 am - Chicago Area, IL
Chris! Can't start with marathons, can we? I'm sure that your weight loss will start again soon. Good luck with the running. I was finding it addictive until I had to stop a couple of weeks ago. As I increased my running (was up to 3 min of run/1 min walk), I started to get some bad knee pain. I've since found out that I have an old ACL injury (like 20 years old), that healed, but left the joint loose. So I'm getting arthritis in my left knee. I've moved to an eliptical trainer for the next several months, but will need some pretty intense PT to strengthen the knee before I can get back running. Fortunately, surgery doesn't seem to be necessary. Doc also told me to take glucosamine and chondroitin, which seems to be helping. Looks like my goal of running a 5k will have to wait until fall. Better running weather then anyway. Wishing you continued weight loss and good luck with your running, Deb
Christian A.
on 6/14/04 12:04 am - Keizer, OR
No we cannot start with marathons by any means! I did jog twice last week and was able to the jog for 1 min. and walk for another 2 mins. both times. The first time was for about 25 minutes total and the second time was for probibly just over a half an hour. I find that this is very difficult, so I am going to keep it up. I had been riding my bike (which I will still continue to do) for 1-2 hours and was pretty tired, but this jogging thing really gets to me quicker! I am sorry about your injury (re-injury) and that it will keep you "out of commission" for a while. But, you are right, it should be better running weather in the fall! Keep up the great work! -Chris
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/04 4:36 am - chicago, IL
Good luck everyone! Ive been thinking about trying to start jogging after surgery, and had no clue how to start. Thanks all for the tips!
Most Active
Recent Topics