Update

Larakatya
on 11/2/05 5:29 am - Twin Cities, MN
Hi gang, Recovery from spine surgery is going well. I am striving to get weaned off of the fun meds - which I am other than sleepytime. I'm starting to get out more often, but still require a lot of resting time after any form of activity. I've dropped 10lbs and am down to 186. I am not eating much, and I'm positive I've been losing my hard won running muscles (my legs look so depressingly unripped now). So, how's this for a change of pace - I'm upset that I'm losing. I really miss running. I get to start taking walks today. Training for the half-marathon in February is on hold for now. We'll see what the surgeon says. Mostly I'm trying to learn how to cope with knowing that my back condition is permanent - in the sense that I have a tendancy to have disc problems more frequently than others. I can't say enough how thankful I am I had my WLS - because this back problem really is the one that debilitated my mom and lead to a huge amount of the neurological problems that helped her become immobile - which let her life-long eating disorder do its magic to help her become SMO. . .which started the catastrophy of diabetes-heart disease-congestive heart failure-etc. that is her current body. Hugs to all, ~Lara Lap RNY 4-1-04 400+/186 Healing from spinal surgery
PattyL
on 11/7/05 5:32 pm
Glad to hear you are recovering. I have followed your progress from the beginning. I know you really enjoyed running. Maybe your surgeon could set you up with an exercise physiologist? Come up with what you CAN safely do?
Most Active
Recent Topics