Hello New Scraper Here!

Melissa Morris
on 5/22/06 9:15 am
RNY on 01/26/06 with
Hello, I am Melissa and I am a new scaper, I am not that good as some of the ones I have seen! I would love help, what you love to do, what is the best web site. Anything you can think of that would help a new scaper! Where should I start. I have bought paper, but don't know where to go from here. Thanks, Melissa
Dakotaoh
on 5/28/06 11:23 am - Ft. Mitchell, KY
Just start with a blank sheet of paper and a couple of pictures that you especially love. Think about what was going on when the pics were taken. Are they kids? do you remember if they were laughing? What were they doing? What were you doing? One of my fav pics is of me and my niece and we're both looking into space. Gave me a great idea of how close we are and I journaled using the thougths that I had as I looked at the pic. Just let go and your brain will create. If all else fails....scraplift from someone or a magazine! Cathy
Vicki E.
on 5/30/06 2:27 am - Horse Cave, KY
Hi Melissa - Welcome to the wonderful world of scrapbooking!! You can make it as easy or as elaborate as you want - but I would start off simple. If you try too much too early it can become overwhelming and you won't stay with it. Knowing what I know now after several years and albums I would suggest that you really need just a few things to start. Make sure you use acide free paper and pens. You will also need adhesive - I prefer Creative Memories taperunner but there are many different things on the market. Go to Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or Walmart and look in the SB section. One of the fun things to get is a corner rounder. I would suggest going to Creativememories.com for some ideas. Their website has lots of good ideas in the layout section and they are not difficult. Sometimes the differnt magazines can get so complicated it is hard to know where to start. If you use acide free paper there is no right or wrong way to arrange. Just keep doing pages and you will be amazed how they progress. But always remember - journal and put names and dates in your layout. Good Luck and Enjoy! Vicki
Mariah
on 6/10/06 4:02 pm - Richmond, IN
Melissa, I love scapebooking. I will tell you how I started out a couple of yrs ago. I learned so much by watching it on TV. My local pbs station had a show, diy channel also has a scrapbooking show. Then I would watch the pros on qvc and hsn when they would be on there. They give u simple ideas that make a big bang on your pages. They also sell kits that will give u pages with all the matching embellishments to go with them which helps when u are a beginner and then as u learn u will be able to cooridinate your pages and buy things on your own. As for things u need. I would reccomend a zyron machine and a tape runner. A good paper cutter. If u start out with a few great pieces and build from their I think its better than getting a whole lot of cheaply made things. Also I learned that its best to scrap your most recent pics and keep them done up as u get them. Then as u have time go back and do older pics. This way u are scrapping the most recent things while they are still fresh in your head and u get all the things said in your journaling that need to be said before u forget them. I hope this helps all the newbys. Mariah
sdjames99
on 6/12/06 1:43 pm - Camarillo, CA
Go to www.creativememories.com and find a consultant in your area...or, a scrapbook store that has weekly get togethers. I have been scrapping for more than 10 years. Susan J
KC
on 6/18/06 3:00 pm - Houston, TX
You can also go to www.closetomyheart.com for ideas. My recommendation is a paper trimmer, adhesive and cardstock. Also, search yahoogroups for a local scrapbook group in your area. You might be able to hook up with other local scrapbookers. Remember - have fun!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 810 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 546 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 415 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 395 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 843 views