YooHoo - Anyone home?? Where is everyone??

Vickie J
on 1/15/07 4:57 am - Tallahassee, FL
Hello fellow scrappers! Where is everyone these days?? I hope you're all too busy working on your scrapbooks to come to the board, but if you're around, shoot out a post about what you're doing and if you're scrapping you wls journey. I'm looking for ideas & suggestions for my "I Chose Life" wls/ps scrapbook. Thanks & happy scrappin'! Vickie J.
lv2beasahm
on 1/15/07 8:59 am - Pennsville, NJ
Hi Vickie! I'm Cyndi and I'm here! lol I've purchased all my fun things for my wls scrapbook. Now all I have to do is have my PCP get off his *$% and get paperwork over to my surgeon. So much for "full support". lol Right now I'm learning how to work that Cricut that hubby bought me before Christmas. We're putting a new floor in my office/scrapbook room so I'll be nice and organized just in time for surgery and work on my scrapbook. Happy Scrappin' to you too! * Cyndi *
Vickie J
on 1/15/07 11:37 am - Tallahassee, FL
Cyndi, Hello! It is good to see someone else checking the Scrapbook messagboard, too! I hope you'll get your approval soon. It is a wild ride but sooooo worth it!! Tell my how you like your Cricut. I've seen them for sale but don't know anyone who has one and I just can't talk myself into spending that kind of $$ unless I'm sure I'll like it and really use it.... the same reasons I haven't convinced myself to buy a Sizzex or the Quikcutz. Happy Scrappin! Vickie J.
kysunflower
on 1/15/07 3:24 pm - Horse cave, KY
Well I'm here,now that I kow this board exsists. I am pre op, and planning on doing an album. I am saving everything, like my appointment letter and map, and will get pictures of everywhere I go. Ia m kind of affraid to actually do anything scrappy yet though, till after surgery. So till hen I'll just collect. What do you think?
lv2beasahm
on 1/16/07 4:32 am - Pennsville, NJ
Hi Donna! I'm pre op as well. If my PCP would get off his butt I'd probably be a little farther in the process. lol I decided on the outfit I'm going to take my monthly anniversary picture in. That kind of dictated the colors of my album. lol Kind of off the wall, but that's me! I'll start taking pics the day of surgery. Since I have a digital camera and plan to take my laptop () I can start planning my pages there. If you want to do anything ahead, do some page borders or some page titles. I stink at putting page kits together but that's about the only way I'll feel like scrapping right after surgery. Glad to see you here! * Cyndi *
lv2beasahm
on 1/15/07 10:12 pm - Pennsville, NJ
The Cricut is pretty cool. My husband got it at a really good price at a scrapbook store while we were on vacation. He wasn't sure what it was, but he saw the retail price and their price and he got it anyway. lol He's so funny. I just have the one cartridge that came with it. I have a Sizzix and a bunch of Sizzix dies. I can't tell you the last time I used them. Visit one of your LSS's and see if they have a Cricut you can try out. I've only used it a few times but that's only because it's still in the box while I renovate my office/scrap room. Have a great day! * Cyndi *
kysunflower
on 1/16/07 6:08 am - Horse cave, KY
Hi Cindi, now why didn't I think of that, wearing the same outfit for a monthly picture. Thanks, I'll be doing that. Some page kits would be great. I never knew just what to do to make those, untill I started joining swaps. I think I'll put some together. Unless you find a really great deal somewhere Wal Mart has cricut for just under $200. and cartridges for $59. I have sizzix, and love it, I've been working on collecting more dies, right now people are selling them super cheap becasue they are changing the logo and that makes them outdated. But I'd love a cricut. Since I can't afford it I'm nabbing sizzix.
lv2beasahm
on 1/16/07 8:44 pm - Pennsville, NJ
My daughter bought me these pajamas with capri pants that have frogs all over them. The t-shirt for them has a big embroidered frog and it says "Hop To It!". Since they're WAY tight I thought they'd be fun to use as my shrinking outfit. So, last night she was on a few boards looking at Surgery layouts...and layouts using frogs. She'll be 10 next month but she's my scrapping buddy. We got the Cricut for about $160. The store owner was PO'd at the trick Provo Craft pulled on the LSSs. You can read about it on almost any board. They *promised* they wouldn't sell to the discount stores. Before their orders placed at CHA came in, they were on the shelves at Walmart. After that she vowed to get rid of the Cricuts she ordered and just carry the cartridges. Gee, and they wonder why so many LSSs are going out of business. But, I digress. I saw on a blog that a lady used the same outfit every month for her anniversary date photo. I thought that was a great idea. I told hubby I wanted "birthday suit" photos as well. Just so *I* can totally see the progress. Obviously those will be in a different little album where no one can see them. LOL Have a scrappy day! * Cyndi *
kysunflower
on 1/18/07 1:00 pm - Horse cave, KY
Geez, I didn't know they had promised not to sell the big stores like wal mart. i heard they are coming out with an attachemnt or something so you can use the fonts you have on your computer. Now that I wouldn't mind. Wish my lss lady would gt mad throw them on a sale like that. I hadn't even thought of looking around ofr surgery layouts on line. I'll have to do that to see what people are doing. Love the frog jammies. Now that birthday suit photos, I'd be scared to death I'd die later(aren't we all) and my boys would find my pictures.
Mariah
on 2/17/07 9:03 pm - Richmond, IN
Ok can someone please tell me what LSS stand for? I assume its something to do with retail stores??? Thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics
Scrapbooking in Houston/Galveston
AMYH-M · 2 replies · 810 views
What have you done lately?
Vickie J · 3 replies · 546 views
Hello
Miss Thang · 3 replies · 415 views
Hellooooooooooooooo Out There!
lv2beasahm · 3 replies · 396 views
Yahoo Scrapbook Group!
GigglyMarie · 1 replies · 843 views