Recent Posts

pooky
on 7/31/06 10:55 pm - Eufaula, AL
Topic: RE: Unique patterns
Hi Joanne, I've heard of it but have never used them. I so glad this message board have a little life, apparently the aren't to many persons that like to sew, or have questions about it. Pooky
Lynne M.
on 7/6/06 4:02 am - Manassas, VA
Topic: RE: KOOL AID PURSES
What are Kool-Aid purses? Lynne
Lynne M.
on 7/6/06 4:01 am - Manassas, VA
Topic: RE: Great Vogue pattern...
looking at the pattern i see that it has both a bateau neck and dropped shoulders seam. It wouldn't be hard to modify the neckline but you have to do it BEFORE you cut the fabric. Lynne
Jenney
on 6/7/06 7:44 am - Provo, UT
Topic: RE: What do you think about ?
There is an easy wrap skirt pattern I think at mccallspatterns.com, but it's very simple and it took me an hour or so to make it. If you have a Wal-Mart close to you, they sell patterns cheaper then going to a fabric store. Another thing to try, is Target, the skirts are cheap and there some pretty cute ones right now, you can easliy take those in and might be faster then making a skirt. good luck
pooky
on 5/25/06 3:44 pm - Eufaula, AL
Topic: RE: Great Vogue pattern...
Hello Debbie, I like that pattern, if you can sew vogue patterns you must be pretty Good. I find that a lot of pattern have be ajusted either to prevent too much cleavege or bra straps from showing. Pooky
terrilee819
on 3/15/06 3:11 am - Kingston, NY
Topic: What do you think about ?
I just had my surgery in February and am trying to come up with some ideas of things that I can make this spring that I will be able to easily make smaller as I lose more weight. A friend suggested wrap skirts... Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated !
pettykash
on 12/3/05 6:28 am - Galveston, TX
Topic: clothes
How many pounds have you lost before taking up your clothes is not a good idea. How much as any one ever taken up before you said thats it for that outfit. I am reading about losing your panties, pants, skirts, no one has said anything about their bras. I just can't afford to buy new things with every pound dropped. I am now wearing my "GOOD" clothes daily only because I know I won't be able to after DEC 12!
koolqlt
on 10/31/05 12:59 am - brookings, SD
Topic: RE: Unique patterns
It is so fun to whip out a pattern and know you don't need to alter. Of course, it depends on how accurate your measurements are to begin with. It's been 8 years ago that I signed up, and I've gained so much weight since that I can no longer use the patterns. The choices aren't as limited now as when I started, with the McCalls and Butterick choices available. Because I'm short and fat it was worth the cost. I'm hoping I'll enjoy garment sewing more after surgery when I get closer to goal. Best wishes-- Ila
koolqlt
on 10/31/05 12:59 am - brookings, SD
Topic: Any suggestions for clothing options for pre and post op?
I'm awaiting insurance approval, but I really need to do something about my wardrobe. I'd like to be able to use what I make later on, since I have more project ideas than time to do them. Thanks, Ila
sandra B.
on 8/28/05 12:30 am - central square, NY
Topic: Looking for yarn or postage angels
Our group "Caring Crocheters" are looking for help in the form of members to help provide the many needs for hospice by making things such as lapghans, pillows, stoma covers, all the things our elderly need in the way of comfort. We also are in need of yarn and postage angels. If you don't crochet or knit or sew and feel like you would like to help or know someone that has extra yarn they would be willing to donate, or postage to help mail these things please visit our Yahoo group and become a part of a group that is trying to make just a small difference in the lives of many. Thank you! Please visit our Yahoo group....Caring Crocheters. [email protected] http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Caringcrocheters/
Most Active