It Can Happen

steve D.
on 12/15/10 2:38 am - West Fargo, ND
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea 10 years ago.  This last March I had RNY and subsequently have lost about 100 pounds.  (5# from goal).

I had a second sleep study two weeks ago because my I was having trouble sleeping with my machine.  My tongue would stick to the roof of my mouth.  (with or without a humidifier)

I got the report back and I no longer need to use the C-PAP.  I will be controlling my apnea using positional therapy. (why couldn't they just say, "don't sleep on your back"

Anyway, WLS has eliminated another co-morbidity for me.  I know it does not work that way for everyone,  but it sure improves our chances.

Steve

Courtney S.
on 12/18/10 6:30 am
That is an awesome victory! And congrats on the weight loss! It must feel awesome to be within 5lbs of your goal!!

27 Years Old, 5'2, VSG - 1/6/11
             WORDPRESS:
www.theallnewme.wordpress.com
            FACEBOOK:
www.facebook.com/courtney.stillman

bkrancher
on 12/22/10 6:13 pm
Steve,
that is wonderful. I am so close to the same! Maybe it won't happen for me but one can always hope! Coming over for any winter fun? Snowmobiling is happening!.
Kathleen W.
on 1/16/11 10:59 am - Lancaster, PA
Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!That is so awesome.  I go to my pulminologist in 1 1/2 weeks to arrange for a sleep study to see if I can come off my machine.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active