new to cpap... any ideas on a stand or holder of some kind?

shellyb1203
on 5/6/11 6:57 pm
VSG on 09/20/13
I have only been on the cpap for a little over a week, but find the hose the biggest obstacle.  Any ideas on a stand or a way to rig it so that it still gives a little (to toss and turn) but I will not have to readjust it all the time? 
dwpersel
on 5/9/11 11:42 am - Fredericksburg, VA
I use a brass bed head board and feed the hose through a shower curtain rod ring and also open the ring to stay around the metalwork in the head board. You could also use a rubberband to hold the hose on your head board and off your shoulder so you can move more freely.
Mishelle R.
on 5/11/11 3:19 pm
the hose just goes under the covers with me - i sleep with the machine close to me on the night stand so it gives me wiggle room
JamesMoore
on 5/22/11 9:28 pm
 I find it helps to place two pillows at each side, sort of creating a chamber to sleep in and run the hose above them, thus allowing a lot of give as well as ensuring you don't roll onto it.
Tammy G.
on 6/6/11 6:36 pm
RNY on 06/16/11 with
 I use a LONG hose--8 foot, so I tie it to the headboard.  You could also put a hook above the head of your bed and hang it from that.  It is really just trial and error until you find out what is comfortable for you.
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/11 9:34 am - NY
I keep my hose between the pillow and the headboard.
Most Active