Cpap issues

dsettle
on 6/3/11 4:55 am - Gurnee, IL
Just wondering if anyone else has/had the same experiences.  Since about 50lbs lost, I started having issues with my mouth drying out while wearing the mask.  I stopped wearing it and about 2 weeks ago, I noticed the headaches again after sleeping.  So, last night, after a full washing, I wore the mask and AGAIN, my mouth dried out.  I ended up waking up many times last night till I eventually took off the mask at 4am.  Not my best sleep I must say.
Is this normal?  What has anyone else noticed?
Thanks

Tammy G.
on 6/6/11 6:39 pm
RNY on 06/16/11 with
 I have constant dry mouth, so I keep a glass of water beside my bed and sip every once in awhile.  Do you think your mouth is opening while using the CPAP?  If so, you can get a chin strap to keep your mouth closed.  I wouldn't recommend stopping CPAP unless you know for sure your apnea has ceased.
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/11 9:33 am - NY
I have been using a CPAP for about ten years. Mine has a heated humidifier built into it.

For a while, I was waking up with dry mouth and more tired than usual. A chin strap took care of that problem.
hannah48
on 6/23/11 12:10 am
I used to keep a water bottle on the side of the bed... til I switched to a machine with a heated humidifier.  WAY better.
StrawWalker
on 9/1/11 2:30 pm
You need to have your flow setting reduced. Call your respirologist. After losing 50 pounds, mine was reduced from 12 to a pressure of 8. after that, no more dry mouth from it blowing my mouth open.
Take care
StrawWalker
Most Active