fell asleep at the wheel

Cecilee H.
on 8/21/12 9:18 pm - CO
VSG on 09/24/12

I think I am going to stop driving. I fell asleep at the wheel and wrecked my car again. Not too bad. Nobody was injured, just the parked car I hit and my car. I turned the corner on to my street and the next thing I remember was waking up because I wa****ing the parked car. Somewhere between the corner and the second house on the street I fell asleep. Luckily the owner of the car I hit was very gracious. And nobody, including my insurance company, asked what happened to cause the accident. So, no one but me and my husband knows that I fell asleep. Do I have a moral obligation to stop driving?

dwpersel
on 8/27/12 2:56 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
My opinion stop driving until you get your sleep apnea under control.
TurnThePage
on 9/12/13 1:27 pm

Gee, how do you think  you would feel if another driver fell asleep and hit your family car killing your husband and children?

Do you really even need to ask if you have a moral obligation to stop driving until your problem is resolved???  You certainly have a legal obligation. Injuring or killing other people or even causing severe property damage and the legal judgments could range from prison time for manslaughter to taking everything you and your family will ever have. Now that you know you have this problem, means you are legally negligent when you continue to drive.

Get to your doctor and get a full work up IMMEDIATELY. You may be passing out, not falling asleep. You may have narcolepsy, low blood pressure or some other disorder.  Please get help before your kill or injure yourself or others. Good luck.

TurnThePage
on 9/12/13 1:29 pm
jonagelle_7
on 10/28/13 12:34 pm

In sleep apnea, if pauses occur while you snore, and if gasping or choking follow the pauses, these are major signs that you have sleep apnea. Another common sign of sleep apnea is hard to get asleep during at work, the day, or while driving. And when you are not active you may find yourself rapidly falling asleep during the quiet moments of the day. Even if you don't have daytime sleepiness, consult to your doctor if you have problems breathing during sleep.

Other common signs and symptoms of sleep apnea

Memory, not being able to concentrate, and learning problems.

Morning headaches

Feeling depressed, irritable or having mood swings or personality changes

While obstructive sleep apnea can be common in children, it’s not always easy to identify. In addition to continuous loud snoring, children with sleep apnea may suffer from excessive perspiration at night, bedwetting, or night terrors and have strange sleeping positions.

Nathanael King is a Clinical Hypnotherapist, NLP practitioner and weight loss & nutritional therapist. He also helps people suffering from panic attacks or social anxiety. He has written a book on how to build confidence instantly using NLP techniques. Please click here to download now. You can also sign up for weekly newsletter at http://www.SelfProgress.co.uk for your growth.

Most Active