Possible sleep apnea?

smittyjen
on 6/18/13 3:51 am
VSG on 10/30/13
Hi everyone...obviously, I know I need to get a sleep study done for 100% confirmation, but I wanted to hear some of your thoughts of whether this be sleep apnea...so, I'm way over weight (280 lbs) and have pretty bad PCOS...the past few months,my husband says I've been snoring so loud and frequently...tho he says he's never heard pauses or gasps, I do remember having this dream recently of being locked in a room of smoke and not being able to breath...woken self up holding my breath...I do have the daytime drowsiness (usually till about noon)...I have bad allergies too, just not sure if its more than that? 😕
jonagelle_7
on 10/28/13 12:25 pm

Unless your bed partner is disturbing your sleep, most of us don’t think of snoring as something to be overly an issue about. But frequent, loud snoring may be a sign of sleep apnea, a potentially serious and common and disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts as you sleep. Although sleep apnea is curable, it often unrecognized. Understanding how to distingui**** from normal snoring, how to recognize the warning signs, is the first step to overcome sleep apnea and fall into a good night’s sleep.

Sleep apnea affects the way you breathe when you sleep. In untreated sleep apnea, breathing is briefly interrupted or becomes very shallow while asleep. These breathing is jolting you out of your natural sleep rhythm. The breathing pauses usually last between 10 - 20 seconds and may happen up to hundreds of times a night. As a consequence, you spend less time in the deep and more time in light sleep. For a restorative sleep, you need to be mentally sharp, energetic, and productive the next day.

Nathanael King is a Clinical Hypnotherapist, NLP practitioner and weight loss & nutritional therapist. He also helps people suffering from panic attacks or social anxiety. He has written a book on how to build confidence instantly using NLP techniques. Please click here to download now. You can also sign up for weekly newsletter at http://www.SelfProgress.co.uk for your growth.

Most Active