Moisturizers and CPAP Masks

Dreamy74
on 7/23/14 7:17 am
RNY on 02/04/15

I have decided I need to start wearing moisturizer at night and I have a nasal mask for my CPAP machine.  Do any of you use moisturizer at night with your CPAP mask and if so did you encounter any problems like breaking out around the mask?  I have oily skin but I am getting wrinkles LOL.  Any insight/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

jessica1371
on 7/30/14 3:12 pm - Elgin, IL
VSG on 08/29/14

I have been on my CPAP for a week now. I hate it... but I have to use it to get surgical clearance...my last clearance I'm waiting for before surgery. .. Any way I have the nasal pillow one. My straps have cloth covers on them, so the only plastic or silicone touching my skin is the nasal pillow. I have very sensitive skin and have not noticed any breakouts. I just turned 40 and use moisturizer every day. I  have to use the Olay sensitive skin each morning, but have not needed any at night. If you have oily skin  and getting wrinkles, maybe try a combination moisturizer?  Sorry not much of help. 

Good Luck

STATS: 5'7" HW: 424 (Jan 2014)   SW: 391 (Aug 2014)  CW: 323 (Jan 2015)

Tanya S.
on 9/24/14 8:46 am
RNY on 03/25/14

I use a CPAP and I put vasoline intensive care lotion on my face before I go to bed at night. I haven't had any problems with it breaking me out. I use it sparingly.

Most Active