I did the CPAP test last night

E D.
on 9/16/04 8:50 am
Continuing from previous post I went to the ENT yesterday. All he did was look in my Ears, Nose and throat and say, "you don't need Sleep Apnea surgery". (Sometimes I suspect Dr's send you on referrals when they know you have good insurance). We talked about my sleep test results. It seem some of my problems stem from my spinal surgery I had in 2001. I had a fusion in my C5-C6 and was cut through the front of my neck. Apparently some of my nerves were cut which is why I tent to bite my tongue a lot. I also have to swallow in two steps. And my tongue tens to slip back in my throat causing the airflow to be blocked. So he agreed a CPAP with help me sleep better. The ENT is on the same floor as the sleep center so I stopped in to make an appointment. They had an opening that night (last night) so I took it. I slept with the mask that fits over the nose and had a "string" to keep it in place when you move. I had no problems and had no desire to take it off as I have read in others post. I think I had to scratch on 1 or 2 times. I felt a difference in my throat right away, I actually felt better. I did not feel like I sleep the whole night. They put me in a twin hospital bed that was soft and hurt my lower back. I still like the machine thought. I have to wait 7 or 8 days for the results so I will follow up again.
Kari F.
on 10/14/04 2:22 pm - Decatur, GA
That "string" is called a chin strap-just make sure to tell your doctor when they order the cpap mask to get you one. (I work at a Pulmonlogist office and Sleep Disorder center.)-kari
E D.
on 10/15/04 9:13 am
Thank You.
Most Active